How many blankets/sheets etc?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone offer any advice on how many blankets and sheets to buy please? I know it depends on how much washing I want to be doing but I don't want to be short of blankets as baby is due in February. Also, there seems to be so many different types on sale - cellular, fleece, furry - which one is best for wrapping baby to sleep?

Thanks !

Lucy

35 wks

hi hun i got so many blankets and i loved to swaddle dior in them to sleep the best ones i think are not square shape as they dont wrap round baby very good. get a rectangle one and the ones with the lil holes in are the best baby dont get to warm then and i got 2 mosses basket sheets and 2 cot bed sheets thats anuf for me i change them every weekend x x

Thanks for your reply Dionne

I know the blankets you mean with the square holes in, I've got one so I'll buy a few more.

For some reason I thought I'd be changing the bedding every other day - was Dior a good baby and not be sick/leak on the bed?

Thanks

Lucy
35 wks

hi lucy Dior was a very good baby when she was first born she wasnt sick much now her bedding gets a bit dirtier she drinks her own bottle in bed and spills it and gets wet nappy through the night but her sicknes and stuff wernt to bad. but they are the blankets i think are best i used to love swaddeling dior i did untill she was 4months :) shame i cant now she is all over the place, im glad i saved all diors blankets il be reusing them for this baby

Hi Lucy,

I'm due in feb aswell and so far i have:

2 sheets for my moses basket
1 fleece blanket
1 thick cotton blanket
1 quilted blanket (from the in-laws)
2 shawls (that were mine when i was a baby)

I think that is enough for now because i can always buy more after the baby comes x

Thanks Dionne & ToriElla

Going to pick up a few more at the weekend along with the final bits for my hospital bag - then like you say I can buy some more once wee one is here if need be.

Lucy
35 + 1

Hiya Lucy

If your baby is anything like our little monkey you won't need too many - He's never out of our bed!

We started out with two fitted cotbed sheets, 4 x cotbed flatsheets, a cotbed quilt, 4 cot celluar blankets, 2 x pram fitted sheets & 2 flat sheets, 2x fitted moses basket sheets & 2 x flat sheets and an assortment of blankets and shawls (You get a lot bought for you). I tend to have the washer on twice a day and have not needed half what we bought. I think we go a bit over board, but we can't help it can we? :lol:

Hope this helps

At the moment we're only using blankets on Ella during the day downstairs and when we go out (which hasn't been very often yet). At night she's in her grobags and they are great, I really really recommend them - she loves them and it's so easy to get her in and out of her crib without removing all her blankets, plus she stays nice and snug during her feeds. They unzip for changes. We have had a couple of turbo poos that she's done though which means they've been regularly washed ;)

As for mattress covers I think we've got 4 and they fit on her crib and moses basket mattress. They dry really quickly too. We normally do a wash of her stuff every day/every other day to keep on top of it (when you have bathtime towels and stuff to wash the load soon builds). Our washing is piling up!

When I got Rubie home I realised that I only had 2 fitted moses basket sheets and they both got dirty pretty quickly so I ended up putting a pillowcase on it lol. I also have 2 fleece sheets, 2 blankets and 2 cellular blankets for the moses basket and dont ask me about the cotbed cos its all in storage til we need it and I can't remember what I bought!! Blankets will last a couple of days if they're not sick so you don't need that many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back