What point do you get admitted?!

I went into labour three weeks early. She is my first so I had no idea if I'd know but there was no mistaking it! My contractions were instant and continuous, they didn't stop. Hubby rang the labour ward and they said to stay at home as I'd not had a show even though my waters had gone, they told me to have a bath!

I made hubby ring them back saying no way was I having a bath as my contractions wouldn't stop long enough for me to even get in the bath! They said I wouldn't be in established labour so to go to the assessment unit to be assessed. I lost more waters whilst in the car and again at the hospital. Tried to go to the assessment unit but they said to go to the labour ward!

They examined me and I was 5cm and by the time I was hooked up to the gas and air I was 10cm!

Go with your instinct and if you want to be there then I would just go :)

I was admitted with my first after 12 hours of labour although I was still only 1cm...I was in severe constant pain with monkey up between contractions so they admitted me so I could have some pain relief. I'm not sure if I was just lucky with my hospital but I couldn't have coped at home any longer. It took more than 24 hours in the end. X

With my son we were told to go in when contractions were regularly 3-4 mins apart and I couldn't talk through them ... I followed those instructions but nobody had told me he was back to back which meant much more painful contractions. When I got to 3.5 cm the midwife 'accidentally' broke my waters so that I had to stay in. 4 hours later I had him :).

This time I actually have no idea if I'm going naturally, being induced or having a section ... It's killing me lol.

If at any point you are unsure and think you are in labour etc ... Ring them. They won't mind they should give you appropriate advice on when they want you in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back