What do you consider to be "walking"

Clydesdaleclopper

Reaction score
Just curious really. Someone asked me the other day if Q was walking yet and I said nearly. He can go about 9 steps on his own but I've always thought that walking would be where he can just go as far as he wants without falling. The other person considered their LO to be walking as they had taken 1 step on their own. What do you guys count as walking?

I'm the same as you. My LO can take steps on her own and has been doing for about 12 days now, but does it very sporadically, and only when she feels like it (not when you want her to). She much prefers to crawl still as its faster and less work, I think.

I'll consider her to be walking when she prefers that to crawling and walks most places without holding on (cruising).

Valentine Xxx

I agree - Dylan has been walking for about 3 weeks now. That's when he started walking on his own without falling down or having to hold anything now. Before that he was just taking a few steps here and there which I didn't class as walking. There's no stopping him now! :D

I wouldn't say lil miss is really walking.. just nearly... Shes taken solo steps.... around 3 before she realises shes not being held and sits down. She would take more but shes a bit of a coward tbh :lol:

Most people class her as walking because she will walk between furniture if its a step away...and she literally runs around if she has something to hold on too... but I would say walking is when they can walk a short distance on their own completely.. :think:

valentine said:
I'm the same as you. My LO can take steps on her own and has been doing for about 12 days now, but does it very sporadically, and only when she feels like it (not when you want her to). She much prefers to crawl still as its faster and less work, I think.

I'll consider her to be walking when she prefers that to crawling and walks most places without holding on (cruising).

Valentine Xxx
I was the same. Thea started cruising really early at about 8 months and would let go and take a few steps but she didnt start walking unaided and prefering it as her method of getting around until she was 10 months.

No rest for the wicked now. Q has now discovered that if he can't walk the distance himself and the trolley isn't there for him to push that he can come over and grab my finger and drag me to where he wants to go. I'm knackered :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back