what pet?updated

clairescunny55

Reaction score
our hamster and fish have died in the past few months and we'd like something new. something relativley easy to look after. not a cat or dog though. thanks for any suggestions! :hug:

What about a budgie? I loved mine when I was younger, or a cocketiel (sp?) :)

a pet rock... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

petRock.jpg

thinking about a bird of some kind i think as we've never had one before. are they easy to look after? do they get very friendly ie can you hold them or are they quite timid?

I say budgie too :) I had a green one when I was little, I loved him..He spoke and everything, used to say 'Roger Dodger.' I cried for 3 days when he died :cry:

clairescunny55 said:
thinking about a bird of some kind i think as we've never had one before. are they easy to look after? do they get very friendly ie can you hold them or are they quite timid?

If you get them from young you can usually handle them, they make really good easy to care for pets, we got two for my nan and she chatters on to them all day!

i work for animal rescue and have 2 gerbils needing a home nudge nudge wink wink :wink:

evemarie8 said:
clairescunny55 said:

If you get them from young you can usually handle them, they make really good easy to care for pets, we got two for my nan and she chatters on to them all day!

aww i'd love that! i'd probably get 2 so they can talk to each other when we're out (which isnt a lot btw)

any ideas where i'd get them from when they're young. never heard of budgie breeders around here :think:

you should be able to get them from a pet shop hun. They are easy to look after and as long as they are handled regular then they are good pets :)

clairescunny55 said:
evemarie8 said:
clairescunny55 said:

aww i'd love that! i'd probably get 2 so they can talk to each other when we're out (which isnt a lot btw)

any ideas where i'd get them from when they're young. never heard of budgie breeders around here :think:

Bird breeders usually advertise in things like local adverts papers, round here they are called Why magazine or the bargain pages, do you have anything like that??

Babylicious said:
How about a bunny or guinea pig?

I currently have 5 piggies and can testify that to look after them properly they involve a lot of work, was the same when I had 2!

Don't know anyfink about rabbits or budgies though!

What about a rat? They live longer and are a lot smarter than hamsters but do again involve quite a bit of care. They're not to everyone's taste, though! Lots in rescue centres across the country.

i dont know the first thing about budgies. Do you let them out of the cage? if so do they poo everywhere lol and how do you get them back in the cage? please feel free to tell me anything you know about budgies, havent the foggiest but am really interested!

I used to let mine out (I was younger btw) I used to make sure doors and windows were closed and let him out. He'd fly around and normally go sit back on top of his cage :roll: or used to walk about the floor. He was such a little character. To get him back I used to just pop my finger and tap his tummy with it and he would jump on then i'd transfer him to cage by putting my finger level with perch and slowly taking it away and he would jump on perch.

feeds are seed and water which you have in his cage and you can get treats and things and beak scrathes from pet shop.

Even if they do bite a little it never hurts.

I taught mine how to kiss me. I'd stick my lips through cage and make kiss sounds and he'd toddle over and give me a kiss :lol:

Aww I miss him :(

ask budge when shes about- i'm not sure but she might breed,
even if she doesnt she knows loads about budgies!!

How about a nice little foal, i mean just look how much my baby loves my son.
scottandfantasia011.jpg

scottandfantasia007.jpg

hennaly said:
How about a nice little foal, i mean just look how much my baby loves my son.
scottandfantasia011.jpg

scottandfantasia007.jpg

believe me, that would be my 1st choice if we have the money and the space

daftscotslass said:
Babylicious said:
How about a bunny or guinea pig?

I currently have 5 piggies and can testify that to look after them properly they involve a lot of work, was the same when I had 2!

Agreed! I have three guinea pigs and 6 rabbits, although even with just one rabbit or two they're still LOADS of work (although a lot of fun!).

I also have a hamster and a Yorkshire Terrier dog too! :lol:

AMETHYST

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back