Pet Cremation

BabyLove

Reaction score
Sorry To Post This Here But There's No1 Else I Can Ask. As Some Of You Know, My Kitten Sadly Passed Away Recently and Id Like To Have Her Cremated So I Can Keep Her Ashes At Home. I Know Some Of You May Think Im Being Daft But She Meant The World To Me & Im Still Heartbroken Over Her Passing. Burying Her Outside In The Cold Just Doesnt Feel Right & I Cant Rest Knowing Shes Out There, Silly Or Not :)

Im Just Wondering If Anyone Has Information On Pet Cremations At The Vets. When She Died My OH Was Asked If He Wanted The Vets To Cremate Her But I Was Away At The Time So He Didnt Know What To Do, Therefore She Was Buried Instead.

Its Been a Week Since She Passed So Would My Local Vets Still Cremate Her & Is There a Charge? Also, Is It Even Possible To Have Her Ashes Because Im Not Even Sure If They Give You Them Or "Dispose" Of Them? Iv Heard That They Insinerate a Few Pets At The Same Time Along With Clinical Waste & Am Hoping This Isnt True As I Hoped I Could Just Have Her Ashes & Bring Her Home.

Any Information Would Be Of Great Help. Thanks :) x

:hug: If the vets have still got her (and haven't got rid of the body), or you've got it, then the vets will give you details of the place to get her cremated. When my rabbit died early last year, the vets asked if I wanted him cremated, and I said yes because I couldn't bear not having him near me, so they had him cremated for me. I had a lovely wooden box with his name on a metal plate. His ashes sit on the shelf next to my bed so he's near me at night. It's nearly 2 years since I lost him but I still miss him so much that I cry if I see any pictures of him.

Awwww hun, sorry to hear about your kitten, you hadnt had herlong had you? :hug:

I have the ashes of my two late cats in caskets and im not ready to let them go yet.

This is the company who did the cremation, but we did ours through the vets. They are very professional and I would highly recommend

http://www.pcsonline.org.uk/acatalog/in ... memberance

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi, don't laugh but i had my pet Rats cremated, they were such a big part of my life when i left home that i couldnt bear to part with them.
I would phone the vets asap as they may still have your kitten, if not they may be able to phone the crematorium services and see.
From what i was told when i worked at the vets is that they are cremated along with all the other animals and scattered.

Got confused when you say she was buried? Vets are not allowed to bury animals they all have to go for cremation, what they were probably asking was if you wanted the ashes back.

I hope that you manage to get her back.

Hypnorm said:
From what i was told when i worked at the vets is that they are cremated along with all the other animals and scattered.

We paid extra for individual cremations. The casket is returned with a certificate to say which animal ashes is contained inside

I'm so sorry your kitten died :hug:

I had my first house bunny cremated. She died two days before my birthday and I had to leave her at the vet. By the end of that week, we had to go back to the vet where they handed us her carrier and inside was a box with a terracotta urn with her ashes in and a sympathy card from the pet crematorium. I burst out crying whne we got outside :(
When I looked at the card, I saw Mitsy had been cremated on my birthday and there was a little poem in the card which made me cry even more.

We still have her ashes on the shelf with her photo beside it.

Hypnorm said:
Got confused when you say she was buried? Vets are not allowed to bury animals they all have to go for cremation, what they were probably asking was if you wanted the ashes back.

I read that and took it to mean xCarly's OH had buried her.

Thanks Everyone, I Will Have To Wait Until Monday To Ring The Vets Asap. I Really Hope They Can Still Do It. Sorry About The Confusion, My OH Buried Her Yes :) Iv Thought About It a Bit More & Am Not Decided On What To Do. I Feel Like I Would Be Disrespecting Her If We Moved Her From Her Resting Place Now But On The Other Hand I Want Her Near To Me. I'll Be Moving To Wales Sometime Next Year Aswell So Id Hate To "Leave Her Behind". I'll Ring The Vets & Take It From There :)

Hi Hun :D

Yes, you can still get her cremated. You can either pay for her to be cremated with other pets in a general cremation and her ashes would just be scattered, you wouldn't get her back. To be honest theres probably not much point in this if you've already burried her, its more for people who don't want a body back or who don't have anywhere to bury their pets.

The other option is to have an individual cremation where she would be done on her own and you would get just her ashes back, normally in a nice engraved wooden box. I think this would cost around £80 but it depends on your vet. Your local vet would be able to help arrange this.

Sorry to hear about her, what happened?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I had my cat cremated and got the details from the yellow pages. He's buried in the garden in an oak urn with his name on :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back