what paint and what colour

thank you! well that's my input anyway :) hope you find your colour choice soon xx

When we did AJ's room we colour matched the wall colours to the 'i love my bear' range. It has now been redecorated nice and bright and will be staying that way, baby will be moving in there eventually to.

We have 2 walls B&Q funky green, 2 walls B&Q funky orange, red curtains and blue carpet. It looks fab! x

Funky colours FTW! They're abit eye popping though y'not think?x

from mi fone

They can be :)

The darker colours tone the green down and really compliment each other. x

Attachments

• bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
Even if we'd been able to find out the sex of LO, we were going to decorate the room in neutral colours. We were going to have a teddy bear theme.

However, I've now found Disney's Dearest Bambi set - clicky! - so we're going to have this as it's gorgeous!

I would think a sunny yellow or minty green, like cocos Melon one would work really well. I would steer clear of cream/browns , work find for a boy , but as soon as there born, you wish you'd waited till birth to see what you were having as it suddenly looks so generic! If you go for a pale unisex colour , with some walls white and also accesories white, then white unlike cream, goes with any accent colour. So after birth, you can easily add pink or blue etc touches in the room and it will team upl nicely with the crisp white, but no painting needed

We have Duck egg in our bedroom, so Devon has that too, I'm dying to paint his end of room jungle theme tho with huge giffafes and jungle leaves on the wall......

Last edited:
We're team yellow and I don't do subtle!! So.... B&q colours range 'tangerine dream' is what we used on one feature wall - bright orange basically. And magnolia on other 3 Walls. Furniture is pine. Room is south facing so it's bright and cheerful and fantastic!!! I was worried it'd be too bright but we've got cream carpet and will prob have cream bedding. And the odd bit of orange, red and yellow accessories thrown in here and there.

I didn't want too much pink either so our walls are just neutral magnolia but we've put up wall stickers and a border strip - we've got the Gingerbread range from Mamas and Papas as its lovely and bright/colourful

I would think a sunny yellow or minty green, like cocos Melon one would work really well. I would steer clear of cream/browns , work find for a boy , but as soon as there born, you wish you'd waited till birth to see what you were having as it suddenly looks so generic! If you go for a pale unisex colour , with some walls white and also accesories white, then white unlike cream, goes with any accent colour. So after birth, you can easily add pink or blue etc touches in the room and it will team upl nicely with the crisp white, but no painting needed

We have Duck egg in our bedroom, so Devon has that too, I'm dying to paint his end of room jungle theme tho with huge giffafes and jungle leaves on the wall......

That's what we did - her room white walls with a blue carpet and has a Winnie the pooh border and stickers - then to girlyfi it a wee bit I added pink and purple flower and butterfly stickers

Wall stickers are a good idea cos
You can stick with a very pale/white background and brighten it up easily, plus they are easily changed if you want it sex appropriate for a wee while. Xxx

we wanted neutral too so nursery didnt give away what we are having (once we find out) so its a B& paint called happy dayz and its lemon/light yellow then we going to get either stencils or transfers to put on the walls and the room will defnately have a little soft toy minion as thats what bump is called just now so it is a MUST HAVE lol xx

Coco_cukoo I love the baskets in your unit in your pic!where did you get them if you don't mind sharing? I've got shelves like the units and could do with baskets!!!

We're going for a number border which is red, orange, blue and green (the red matches the carpet and blind) and we are having the walls the walls the same colour as the background of the border which is cream! Above h's side I have 3 cars canvases and the baby will have their own bits their side to brighten up the walls. I have a cube shelves but am unsure of where these are going yet! We also haven't decided whether the border should go round the middle or the top of the room. Any suggestions?

The unit & baskets are from ikea - £13.99 per basket. They do different ones too but we liked the hay type ones best :) xx

With DD we were team yellow & I painted the whole room a very pale lemon and had pine furniture. However, on one of the walls I painted a huge mural - it was like a garden scene with bugs & butterflies & birds & pots and a fence & flowers. It was lovely and it took me many hours over several weeks to complete it (got a bit held up by my carpal tunnel syndrome). In reality, I'm not going to have that much time on my hands this time around so will be going for a simpler option.
This baby's room I have already painted grey when we moved in last year, a really pale grey so its a great neutral colour that can go with anything. I found some fabric to make some bunting, its a multi-coloured polka dotted fabric in muted neutral tones. I have picked out three of the colours in the fabric to follow through in my other decorations - a warm lilac, a duck egg blue and a mustard colour. I will be painting decoration on one wall with these colours - may do horizontal stripes to contrast with the dots on the fabric that I'll be using for the bunting and chair cushion.
I know, it sounds weird on paper, but I'm hoping it will turn out fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back