Nursery Ideas?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
We haven't started transforming our spare room into a nursery yet, but will be next month!
The thing is, I can't decide on a theme or how to decorate it.

At first I wanted to just paint the whole room in cream, and add colourful wall transfers and curtains etc. Now I'm wondering if we should use colour on the walls?

I've been looking at the co-ordinating bedding collections at mothercare and I think the Humphreys Corner theme is really sweet, but since we know we are having a girl I'm now wondering if we should go for a more girly theme! Argh, decisions, decisions...!

What's everyone else doing? I'd like to get ideas from you all, whether you're having a boy, girl or staying team yellow :)

Oh, thought I should add; OH is no use, he just says "Do whatever you like" :roll:

this is what I did for my daughter. I love being in there. They are just wall stickers from wilkinsons but there is loads of choice for girls.

bcded1bf-5bb4-696b.jpg

bcded1bf-5bd6-7990.jpg

bcded1bf-5bf2-4ec4.jpg

bcded1bf-5c19-45ca.jpg

Esoames, that is gorgeous! I didn't think of Wilkinsons; a new one has just opened near us so I'll definitely be taking a look now! Thanks :)

i made the bunting from tea towels! check out bhs, m&s, dunelm mill, matalan erm I'll think about some other places xx

Esoames what a beautiful nursery! You've done such a lovely job :)

Lulu this is something I've been pondering too, we're staying team yellow so going to go with something netural like "i love my Bear" from babies r us. Originally I wanted to go with pale yellow walls and then the Jungle friends range but OH thinks yellow is too girly if we end up having a boy tssk!

You could really go to town if you know you're having a girl, only thing is if you have another baby later on and it's a boy you wouldn't be able to re-use the stuff. Humphrey's corner range is lovely, you could always have that bedding range as it's netural but then paint the walls girly x x

We have gone jungle / animal theme :) everywhere seems to do zoo/ animal/ pets stuff for nurseries!! Its not finished yet but when it us il take a piccy :) x

have decided on quite neutral colours as we're team yellow. very pale green on 3 walls (think it's called eau de nil) and slightly off white on the other, on the white wall, a green (same as other walls) mural of a tree with birds across it, and white birds flying around the top of the green walls.

Nursery furniture will be dark wood, walnut probably, depending if OH can find the walnut wood at the right price (he's making the cot himself, crib is already done)

I'm having all netural stuff too, for one, all the house is those kind of colours to start with and secondly OH doesn't know what team we're on so I'll probably just stay all neutral. I'm convincing myself that when D Day arrives she'll come out Team Blue for some reason so don't want to overload on pink girlie stuff even though i'm desperate to go mad with pink! lol! xxx

our little man is going to be in with us for a while so we haven't even started on the spare room!!!! its currently cream on all 4 walls, with a pink curtain (left from the last tenant) and as we're planning to move next year we don't want to decorate it to much! so I'm going to buy some sample pots of paint and do some stripes across one wall in loads of different shades of loads of different colours!!! will probably all be pastel shades though :)

We've gone millie and Boris from mamas and papas, its all cream and beige with stars and teddies and rabbits, very neutral as we did it before 20 week scan, I'll post pics when I get on my laptop, furniture we've gone for is m&p summerhouse range in dark wood (as it was on offer at half price lol)

Mine is a lovely colour of magnolia, with everything in big pile in the middle of the room as i decide what i'm doing! I have no idea. Love the bunting idea!

Hiya, we're having Humphrey's Corner 'Little Red Car' in our boys room. I always said when I have a baby they'd have a Humphrey Nursery!

There is also a beautiful girls version called 'Lottie Fairy Princess' which is what I would have had if my baby was a girl. I will warn you though it's quite expensive and can only be bought online so do your home work because the prices do vary! It's beautiful though and my boys room will be finished on Friday and i'm so excited about making his cotbed up!! lol x

I'm quite arty so was thinking of painting some designs on the walls myself. Our baby is going to be called Poppy so I thought perhaps I could paint some poppies along the bottoms of the walls. Poppies & Bumblebees or something cute like that.

I love seeing other peoples nurseries so keep the ideas and pictures coming! :)

oooh bumble bees and poppies that sounds lovely!!! I think Esoames bunting is gorgeous too, my mum makes bunting and she is hinting of doing some blue ones for our little man, but I dont want it in blue as I like the creams of the nursery so I need to pursuade her off her chosen colour scheme!!!!

Anyway I have attached pics of our room so far (minus the furniture and other bit as it doesnt come until next week)

Attachments

• IMAG1721.jpg
    IMAG1721.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG1722.jpg
    IMAG1722.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG1723.jpg
    IMAG1723.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG1724.jpg
    IMAG1724.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1725.jpg
    IMAG1725.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 7
last one

Attachments

• IMAG1727.jpg
    IMAG1727.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks :) we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it, I keep going in there and just lying on the floor for a few mins as it feels so calming and peaceful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back