what movements should i feel...

linxminx21

Reaction score
at 18 weeks??

iv felt a few strong kicks over the past week but little one is not moving in a pattern or alot at all. i dont know if this is normal, i think i feel her more at night but im not sure, is anyone else this far gone and is only feeling small movments.

sometimes i think oh theres the baby then i think nooooo, coz its not an exact kick its just a shuffle around, i just worry myself and would love a bit of reassurance
thanx ladies x x

I started feeling slight movement around 15-16 weeks, kicks are definately stronger but even now theres no routine to them. He has quite days where i maybe feel 1 or 2 little faint movements and other days he'll go mental and my tummy will be wobbling about. I really wouldn't worry too much about not feeling him/her in any kind of routine as long as your still getting little movements. apparently a glass of ice cold water sets them off tho if you want to feel a little wriggle :p

At 18 weeks I just felt the odd shuffle and odd boot now and again but that was about it, was kinda like a little tapping coming from inside, once I hit 20 weeks he started booting me a lot more and more often so what you are getting is pretty normal :D

Last edited:
my midwife said I should feel a minimum of 10 movements a day. The last couple of days the kicks have been a lot weaker than usual but this morning they were back with full force. Every babys different and they have to sleep too so dont worry if you dont feel kicks constantly. Theres no right or wrong amount, just check you are feeling some every now and then :) xx

thanx girls
this has made me feel alot better :)
i might try that ice cold water and see if she bobs about a bit :)

Hey, i usually feel movement (like a fish swimming around in there!) after i have eaten meals and when i am drinking cold drinks other than that its just as and when he/she feels like it, there is no real pattern yet though! x x

thanx hun im going to try a cold drink when i get to the shop lol :) iv just had a bath to relieve back ache x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back