movements

Layla

Reaction score
Hi again

I have been feeling my baby move and kick for a few weeks now, my OH cant feel it yet tho, as they are only little ones, not very strong.

I have noticed for the past week that the movements have really quietend down, hardly anything in evening, but thats when he/she was most active before.

I know the baby is ok coz i have a doppler so i have listened in to teh heartbeat and its still very loud and strong.

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?
and when will they pick back up again??

xxxx

Exactly the same is happening to me Layla - te baby seems to have really quietened down recently. haven't got a doppler anymore so I was driving myself mad although I am comforting myself in the fact that you dont need to worry untill 20 weeks. If you dont feel the baby move for 24hours then seek medical advice.And after 28weeks, if you cant count 8 kicks in 8 hours then go to the hospital immediately.

I suppose at this gestation baby is very free to move and could just be kiking towards the spine in which case we wouldnt really feel it.

I have a doc apointment on wed so i think iw ill mention it to him while im there.

Its so strange that its gone from kickinga ll the time to hardly nothing!

I dont rmeember my last two doing this, unless the baby takes after me and is just plain lazy! lol

That's what I'm guessing for me - lazy baby.

Baby tends to kick more when I eat something though. Something strong flavoured especially. I've never got this far before with a pregnancy so I can't compare it to anything. I have booked a midwife appt for next Thursday though so I might mention it too unless you can let me know what your m/w says.

They say that first time mums like me dont feel it till 18 weeks as it's weak, but I have felt movements since 14 weeks. Babies do make you worried dont they :roll:

I get this some days its almost constant kicking or moving then others v little like one or two kicks. But dont stress when I told the midwife I was getting movements and kicking at 18 weeks and OH could feel the kicks she was surprised. And dont forget if it has its back to your front it'll be kicking the other way and you wont feel it!

lol they sure do, and they will carry on making us worry for another 18 years! lol

haha - my dad says that to me lol. Said that he still worries about me now and I'm nearly 20!

Michelle - I think my doctor was surprised when I told them I could feel baby at 14 weeks - like it wasnt possible or something? I know it's not common but I am quite tiny and I was slim.

Hi Sami - glad to see you back! :D

I read somewhere that baby tends to quieten down at around 20 weeks then get active again.

I wouldn't know becuase mine hasn't kicked yet... :(

Hi, this is our first baby and for the last 2 weeks I have felt something..... think it is the baby moving and my OH has felt it too. Very odd almost like a little flutter... Now I have days when I feel it all the time and others when it seems to be nothing for a day or so....which yes ..is when the worry starts....This is all so much fun aint it?
19 weeks and 3days

I have little twitches but can't tell if it's baby or what. Do you reckon it is? It feels a bit like a muscle spasm and happens maybe once or twice a day...

I'm gonna look a right idiot if I have been feeling it all along!! :oops:

My bubs has days where she doesn't stop moving and then days where i barely feel her, she's been like this since about 22 weeks and i still worry myself over it now, although i can make her move now by rubbing my belly :) but made the mistake of telling the OH and when we were in antenatal last week he started prodding my belly and woke her up and she'd only just quietened down after a full day of kicking, and it's quite uncomfortable now too when she kicks or moves.

Kim

It feels a bit like a muscle spasm and happens maybe once or twice a day...

I think that's your baby. When I started to feel 'kicks' properly, it felt just like a muscle spasm. That's when hubbie started to feel it as well!!

Enjoy it - I long for those little kicks now. Like Manda says it starts to get a bit uncomfortable after a while - the kicking can make me wince sometimes!!

LBxx

After me making this post about baby not moving very much, he/she picked up a small bit last night and my OH felt it too!

he has gone to work today over the moon :D

Kim said:
I have little twitches but can't tell if it's baby or what. Do you reckon it is? It feels a bit like a muscle spasm and happens maybe once or twice a day...

I'm gonna look a right idiot if I have been feeling it all along!! :oops:

Awwww you're not an idiot! :) I thought the first kicks were wind!! Even now I have to double check it's the baby by waiting for another kick to confirm it :lol: It is the wierdest sensation to pick up on and it can feel like tummy rumbles or spasms or flutters or even that you have wind! I really thought half of mine was wind till they started getting stronger.

My baby's legs were measuring the length of an 18 wk baby at 16 weeks :shock: so I don't know if that's why I've been able to feel it so much. It is really strong now and makes me jump sometimes. If I'm leaning forward at the PC it really protests and I get it in the bladder so I'm trying not to do that too much. :lol:

YAY baby has been dancing all morning - I'm sure it's baby now - YIPPEE!! :D :D :D

See kim it was really there all the time.... I telephoned my friend when I first felt it and spent ages trying to describe this odd feeling she kept saying its the baby but I didn't believe her, as usual she was right!! Now you know it is the baby lie still and wait for her/him to move, its fantastic. Lying on my tummy makes 'mrytle' move!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back