What kind of meals do you cook?

violet-glow

Reaction score
Basicly I cook alot of food, but just lately it has become very samey. OH told me he liked mashpotato ...that was a big misstake because now we have it every other day with veg and meat lol I do make a few pasta dishes, but nothing amazing.

So I was just wondering what everyone cooks?? :think:

I don't cook because it always ends up as a disaster...

A few things that work though: pan fired fish with fresh spinach and jasmine rice or with another type of veggie and couscous.

Love asparagus caramelized in the oven with salmon fillet and brown rice....

But I'm not the one cooking them. hubby is...

baking is my thing! everyone gets cakes for birthdays :)

i made some walnut brownies and a coffee cake for my dad to take to his work the other day.

Im quite lazy when it comes to cooking. I do adverterious things with meat, but the veg is always the same (and tbh tends to be the stuff you pop in the bag in the microwave! :lol:)

I do stuff like casseroles, cottage pie, pasta, and at least 1 roast a week.

I also do stuff like fish pies and chilli etc, but not very often.

I like cooking but want a bigger kitchen to do it in! The sort of meals I make (which i'm getting bored of too!) are

chicken with white wine sauce
fish pie
spag bol.
cottage pie
sweet & sour chicken with egg fried rice & noodles
Texan BBQ chicken with pasta
steak pie with veg.
roast dinners
cajun chicken
pork chops with veg. (cut the veg into cubes & cook in a frying pan, when nearly cooked sprinkle on a couple of cubes of veg oxo cubes, yummy).
Homemade chips/potato wedges with stuff like omelette, eggs, breaded chicken, sausages etc
Korma's
Chilli

Can't think what else I do now :think:

mmm... fish pie. i cook a mean fish pie!

oh, and sweet and sour! i LOVE my sweet and sour chicken. reminds me of being a kid!

i make, lol
chicken in white wine sauce
chicken in bacon and mushroom sauce
chicken in tomato and basil sauce
cajun chicken
chicken kiev (homemade) :wink:
chicken casserole
steak in peppercorn sauce
steak dianne
beef casaserole
sausage casserole
toad in the hole
chilli con carne
chicken in red wine sauce
spag bol
roast dinner
lasagne
shepards pie
cottagte pie
occasionally fry ups

there loads but i cant remember what i do, but i always do a mixture of either pasta, rice, jacket potato, chips, cheesy mash or sauteed potatoes

I cook stuff like;
Stews
Chilli
Curry
Cassarole
Sausage & bean hot pot
Cheesey potatoes in a veg & gravy sauce
Pasta bake
Spag bowl
Roast dinner
Fish

etc....

I do cook occasionaly but i need not worry really as the o/h is a chef! :dance:

Right thats it then I feel a shopping trip coming on!! :cheer:

Im going to have to write a few things down, you lot have given me loads of ideas ...cheers ladies :D

Im so crap when it comes to food shopping, I get into the shop and my mind goes blank ...even when I have a list :lol:

Dead easy one with potatoes is slice them into scallops and lightly fry them till they're just a bit brown then throw them in a baking dish with some red onion & sliced peppers and cover with cheese sauce (you buy it like gravy granules) then put in oven for 30 mins. Take out and add grated cheese to the top and cook for another 20 mins.

This tastes even better if cooled down and recooked so you could make during the day and warm it up for the evening :)

pork chops, chicken, spag bol, cottage pie, steak, cod in parsley sauce, all sorts of casseroles, pasta dishes, salads, salmon dishes, roasts, kievs from scratch, home made chips/roasties etc etc I cook loads

I used to cook loads...I would never serve my DH a pie bought from the shop but now i can't bebothered, i can't see the point of cooking when i end up usually :puke: my tea

my fave meal to make is cook some muchroom,minced beef and then simmer in tinned tomatoes and tomatoo pureee, cook spagetti and then add spinach.

you could try cooking new potatoes for a change or cous cous is really easy to make

ladies any ideas what i can use my mince for tonight other than spag bol we had it not so long ago?! :D

Flossy82 said:
ladies any ideas what i can use my mince for tonight other than spag bol we had it not so long ago?! :D

Home cooked burgers,
Chilli
Meatballs
Cottage pie
Shepherds pie

Thanks PP chilli sounds nice and i think i have all the bits for that too! -xx-

Im not the greatest cook... far from it!

My specialitys are Shepherd Pie YUM YUM and Sausage, Mash, Veg, Yorkies & Onion Gravy YUMMY!

Cant u tell im hungry! hehe :lol:

I love cooking!!

I have just finished making lasagne and garlic bread for tonights dinner.

I make loads of things, pasta, roasts, rice dishes, pies, stews, homemade pizzas.

The best thing I ever bought was my bread maker - use it daily!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back