What kind of formula?

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey all just wondering what kind of formula you may use if you do at all? Frankie is on sma white but just wondering what other kinds of formula are like as well??

Phoebe has SMA Gold. She's always had it and seems fine.
She's not a hungry baby so I've never had any real problems.
She can stay on it until she goes onto Cow's or Goats Milk which is a good thing. Some of the milks go through stages so you have to change as they get older. I've heard that this can make them constipated etc. :lol:

do you know if it is safe to change formula brand for baby?

I use cow and gate 1 but feel like trying sma gold...maybe that's what gives her wind?

mel xx

I'm the other way round, I'm on sma gold but have been given some cow and gate, is it safe to swap??

i use farleys by heinz, mainly because it is the cheapest brand and it is fine

I think you can swap milk but it can upset them temporarily. May make them constipated or give them a little more wind etc.
Can't see it being that much of a problem though. :lol:

Dylans on Aptamil 1 the midwife put Dillie on it as i was intending 2 breast feed but want able 2 and Aptmil is surpose 2 b closet 2 breast milk
It the most expencive one though but at last got my milk tokens through!

Nikky, lil Dylan is sooooooooooo cute!!! really lovely :)

mel xx

We've changed milk a few times - it's perfectly safe but they get the trots or pebble poos and might be unsettled for a day or so.

We started on WySoy because the older boys are milk intolerent, then switched to SMA Gold, then C&G, now we're on pregestimil on prescription but hoping we can get back to WySoy

Tracy xx

braydon started on SMA but thro up loads so was put on APITAMAL and still throw up so was put on COW AND GATE and it is great

Reece started on SMA gold but that made him throw up all the time.
So then we changed to C&G 2, that was a bit better but he was still sick loads!
Then we were advised by HV to put him onto a settler milk so now we use C&G omneo comfort and it is great! He still sick sometimes but loads less!!! :D

Jack started on cow and gate premium but he was very windy so H/V said to change to Cow and gate 'Omneo comfort'. It was a lot better.

Jack is a very windy baby though!!!

Erin was on SMA GOLD and was quite a hungry baby at about 4 weeks so we put her on SMA WHITE and she threw up all the time, now she is on Aptimil 2 and is great.

Nickky how do you know if your entitled to milk tokens and how do you apply for them? I recieve family tax credits and the booklet mentioned about milk tokens, but what is the criteria to be able to get them?

Hi

I started off with sma gold but after 2 nights of crying with wind we changed to cow and gate omneo comfort and used infacol before each feed and now Isaac is fine and brings his wind up no probs.

Lou :)

Lauz_1601 said:
Nickky how do you know if your entitled to milk tokens and how do you apply for them? I recieve family tax credits and the booklet mentioned about milk tokens, but what is the criteria to be able to get them?

I think u only get them if you are claiming child tax credits and if ur on income support
when i claimed for mu child tax credits the inland rev send a letter 2 the token place and then they send ur tokens :)

p.s. thanx mel :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back