What is the first thing you'll eat/drink........

littlebump

Reaction score
What is the first thing you're going to eat/drink as soon as you're able to after baby has been born?

My menu is as follows: -

Starter - either
pate on toast or deep-fried brie with cranberry dip
Large glass of Chilean Merlot

Main - large fillet steak cooked medium, with pepper sauce
Large glass of Chilean Merlot

Dessert - creme brulee
Large glass of vintage port

To end - large cup of highly caffeinated coffee and plenty of chocolate mints!

OK - so clearly can't get away with all of that while I'm still breastfeeding but I can start dreaming now can't I?

Also as clearly we won't be eating out for some time, I'll have to hire in a chef to cook it all. And as I won't be working I don't quite know how we'll pay for this, but still.......................... :D

LBxxx

I don't know about eating, but I am going to enjoy not being so damn careful all the time!

I am going to throw myself on the bed, stand up really quickly, go back to karate, drink a whole bottle of wine at once, take strong painkillers at the first sign of a headache and have a nice hot bath! Not all at once and straight away of course!

Amongst all the other things I am not doing.

And if I have trouble finding the energy to do all these things (provided I am not breastfeeding) I will down a nice chilled can of Redbull!

This is a great thread!!

I too shall be standing up quickly! And walking as fast as I can. Also, muscles willing, I shall be sneezing without bracing everything first!

Then... some Champagne (I should be so lucky!) and later on some Fine Malt Whiskey. I keep thinking about Cider (I live in the West Country) which is strange as I don't usually drink it but if it were today in this sweltering heat I'd be drinking some fine Somerset Scrumpy then going to an Indie Club for some dancing in a smoky room with dry ice and the possibility of a crush when they play something good! And I'd be eating lots of unpasturized cheeses- from France, that smell really cheesy with a huge bowl of peanuts!

And I will then SLEEP! All night through, with no loo breaks, on my back without hip pain- yippee!

+++

pmsl at sneezing without bracing yourself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also miss cider! I forgot about that one! I think it was all the cornish scrumpy that helped me to conceive this little bean in the first place!

oooooh! and I almost forgot!!! I'm not eating scampi at the moment, just in case. I love and miss my scampi!!!!!!!!!!

Peanuts, runny fried egg (although not at the same time) and diet coke.
Mmmmmm diet coke

Pate on toast!!!

Thats what I had as soon as I was home from having my first two....I had it ready in the fridge!! I love pate. Of course it will be washed down with a large (ish cause breastfeeding) glass of red wine!!

well ive been naughty through pregnancy... i eate pate, peanuts and eggs lol but only very small amounts... im just looking forward to a large glass of wine... think i will express milk one day enough to last the night,, then get very drunk lol

im really looking forward to shell fish coz i did avoid that

UMMMMM!! Liver Pate on toast with a nice fresh cream cake for pudding!!

After reading this post I'm a little concerned!! I know you're supposed to be careful what you eat etc and I have kept away from the things containing unpasturised eggs and have avoided liver products. I've completely gone off coffee at the moment so haven't drank that throughout pregnancy either but I do still eat peanuts, runnyish eggs, coke, medium/well done steak.
Is anyone else still eating these sorts of things or is it just me?

Don't worry too much!!

Things change all the time - when my Mum had my sister she was told to eat loads of liver as she was low on iron.......my sister is fine!!

I think as long as you are careful and don't eat too much of the things they say to avoid then you'll be fine (unless of course you have a history of allergies in the family etc).

My last pregnancy was 5 years ago and there are another few things on the list this time that I shouldn't eat that I ate loads of last time :?

They have to be careful so it's easier for them to tell us to avoid it all.

Much love

i had a lovely fired runny egg when i got home from hospital!!! mmm....

The whole peanut thing, is because they have linked it to nut allergies, even more likly if you have a history of other allergies such as asthma or hayfever.

The Bad news is (Sorry girls) but if your breast feeding its recommended that you still lay off the peanuts!

Also with all the stuff you cant eat now, there are other things you need to aviod whilst breast feeding, like to much acidic fruit like grapefruit and oranges and eating more than a small handfull of grapes at a time, as apparently this will upset your little ones digestive system.

Call me sad but I just want to find a big grassy hill and roll down it! yeah lie on my tummy and have a proper back massage!!! :D :D :D

pate on toast

cheesecake

runny eggs

rare steaks

lots and lots of white wine lol

I love this thread!!!!

I am going to have pate on toast, followed by prawn cocktail, a medium rare steak and lots of alcohol (when maybe only 2 glasses as I will be a lightweight). Then I will go on a rollercoaster lots of times and probabl;y throw everything back up. I miss rollercoasters, though with baby being born in Dec will have to wait a while for the theme parks to open.

Another pate on toast I'm afraid! At least 4 slices!!

And some runny poached eggs on toast.

And a mushroom dish I make with stilton, garlic and cream with crusty bread yum yum

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

I was naughty last night as I had a craving for peanut m&ms, but they didn't have any in the shop so I had a king size snickers. I've also had peanut butter on toast a handful of times whilst pregnant :eek:(

Then I will go on a rollercoaster lots of times
- forgot about rollercoasters. Definitely have to give Alton Towers a visit next year :D !!!!

Hmm - this thread is now making me realise my sins during pregnancy.

I haven't exactly laid off peanuts, though I have cut down (I used to be addicted to Star Bars - YUM - but have stopped eating those); but I have had peanut butter on toast a few times, and chicken satay..

Also, I've eaten chocolate which has caffeine in it, and have been drinking diet Tango and diet coke - not regularly but probably one can a week.

Also I had alcohol between conceiving and the date my period was due :shock: Now I'm starting to feel worried :(

Well I'm a vegetarian and so my midwife told me to ignore the whole not eating nuts thing as it's a major source of protein which is very important. I haven't eaten many peanuts but I haven't not eaten say a nut burger that had some in. She seemed to think that other kinds of nuts weren't as bad and I did have a thing about cashew nuts mid-way through but apparently they are a high source of iron as well as protein so she said I should just go with it. I suppose it's all a balance really!

+++

i will def have a lovely fried running egg, mmmmmm am really missing that. Also will eat loads of peanuts, the things i cant eat i seem to really crave for them .

The minute my baby is out I'm having a big glass of red wine and then I'm going to sleep ON MY FRONT which I miss sooooo much and I'm going to SLEEP ALL NIGHT LONG and NOT GO TO THE TOILET 10,000 TIMES. I'll then wake up, look fabulous, have a big fry up and then wake up my baby who no doubt will have slept the whole night through!! Ha Ha ha (do you think my current lack of sleep has sent me bonkers?!!!)

Belle (35 weeks)
xxx

By the way, I've had poached eggs throughout this pregnancy, lots of chocolate because I've craved it like crazy and also some peanuts (in chicken satay). I think that there are a lot of scare stories around so I wouldn't worry too much - my midwife says that my baby is growing OK and there are no problems so I think it's important to enjoy your pregnancy and not panic about everything.

i completely agree with your last comment there, belle! if i was to listen to all the "dont's" that people have told me then i wouldn't be able to do anything! i listen to myself first and foremost, and if i do have a medium steak or a runny egg, i make sure i know it's well within date and from a reputable source - with the strict controls on food quality in the UK i really think the chances of anything bad happening are very small indeed!

i might have provoked a few people there, if so - i apologise!

For pate lovers there's a really nice veggie pate called Tartex which I love and apparently tastes just like the real thing. I've never had really pate but my Mum loves and likes this too. you can get it from most health shops. The garlic and herb one is the best. :wink:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loc ... 53407.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back