• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is so bad about being induced?

Sabrina

Reaction score
I see a lot of ladies posting about their bad experiences of being induced.

I know I might regret asking this (but I'm going to as I'd rather know to be prepared) - Just what is it that's so bad about being induced? :think:

Some people say they find the contractions more intense because they don't build up as they normally would. Sam was induced with the drip method. It was no problem at all, no more or less painful than my previous births.

Sabrina said:
I see a lot of ladies posting about their bad experiences of being induced.

I know I might regret asking this (but I'm going to as I'd rather know to be prepared) - Just what is it that's so bad about being induced? :think:

its not that bad. Especially if you don't know any different. i had my second labour augmented (which is similar to induction in that i had a drip to speed up contractions). it was harder in that there is not the build up of contraction pain. you just sort of get the pain with no build up.
compared to my first it was more painful. but i still did it without pain releif so its not that bad, you'll be fine :hug:

I think its because it is un natural so sometimes the baby isn't ready. Plus your contractions are quicker and stronger.

i was induced i think it can take longer for example i was in labour for 40 hours and still only 3cm dialated in the end had to have a c section but that was because babys heartraTE DROPPED BUT TO BE HONEST I THINK I WOULD HAVE ENDED UP WITH A SECTION ANYWAY AS I WASNT PROGRESSING (sorry caught the caps button cant be bothered to type it again) everybodies experences are different yhis was mine i had tablets and then ended up being on a drip to speed them up and they were rentless comming one straight after the other no rest in between but i have nothing o compare this to so it could be normal.

For me the induction in its self was ok, it was the fact that the baby wasn't in the right position to be born that caused the problems. I think maybe if I had been left to go naturally she would of been in a better position.

I wasnt contracting so was put on a drip 7 hours or more later after the contractions began, lol I thought it was horrendous :rotfl: I could cope with the normal contractions but ones they made me have were horrible, but I was shatterd so it proberly didnt help.

It wasn't the pain (as Budge said, you don't know any different). For me, it was that my body just wasn't ready and I felt like it was fighting it all the way. It was so forced and progress was slow leading to an assisted delivery (ventouse) I could've done without!!

Lots of people have positive induced labours, it's good to be informed but don't let it colour your emotions if you need to have it done xxxxx

For me it was definately the sudden onset of pain. Although my waters had already broken, which apparently makes it more painful, and she was partially back to back which may also have increased the pain.

Hi

I was induced two days after my waters broke and i hated it not because of the pain but beacuse i was on the drip they would not let me walk around i was stuckin bed my whole labour then had a section :(
Katrina

I was Induced and didn't have any problems what so ever. I did hate having to spend the majority of the day in bed untill the tablet started to work

Becky&Willow said:
i was induced i think it can take longer
My Labour was only 1hr 35mins, I don't think it makes it any longer or shorter to be honest.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=21715

Here is my birth story. I was induced and I wouldn't say it was a bad experience. I'm not saying it didn't hurt because it did but i'm sure it would have hurt if I wasn't induced. They say it is a bit more painful being induced but I have no other labour to compare it to. I had loads of drugs too so I suppose I didn't feel all of the pain all the way through.

In my case I wanted a homebirth (which I thankfully got) but if I ended up having to be induced I wouldn't have been allowed a homebirth so I really didn't want to be induced.

seeing as my only birth was induced, don't really have anything to compare it to, but mine was better than what i was expecting.

I was pleasently suprised to find that at 37 weeks i was already 1cm dliated without having to do any work though :D

I loved having a date weeks in advance and knowing that alice was going to be born within 48 hours of that date.

HIya

I was induced with Willow 2 days after my waters broke i was given gel at night and then the next morning at 9am put on a drip and she was born at 1.40pm, it wasn't as painfull as COnal who i went into labour with naturally although my waters had also broke with him.

Different ladies different reactions :lol:

I prefered it at least you knew it was definatly going to happen one way or another, it was more intense more quickly but then over more quickly aswell

Heather

For me, I was induced from what I can only describe as mild period pains. My waters had broke 24 hours before (4 weeks early). I have to say after 12 hours of IV inducement the pain to me was unbearable. Appartenly a gel/pessiary is not the same as an IV??
I was screaming in agony. For me it was traumatic and nothing I want to do again soon! I planned to get through my labour without an epidural but after 12 hours I couldn't take the pain no longer. Honestly at one point I wanted to be put out of my misery! :wink:
I've been told that IV inducement is the worst and it's nothing like normal labour. I'm hoping this is true as the thought of another labour scares me to death! Unfortunately I have nothing to compare it too. I'm hoping the next time is 'normal' as I WOULD go through it all again for my baby son. Hoping I'm just a wimp and 'real' labour isn't as bad!

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies. It may be I won't even have to worry about being induced but I was curious to ask why so many ladies seem to have had a bad time with it.

Thanks again
:hug:

After some of the horror stories i have heard about ladies being induced im anxious to avaoid it

I was interested in this thread too as I've heard bad things about it and didn't know why..

I was indued and I was having contractions for 20 hours which and only dilated a cm then once they broke my waters my contractions got really intense quite quickly and very close together, but I wasnt dilating so I had to go on a dip.I was in labour for 37 hours altogether and I ended up having to have a vontouse and forceps and a third degree tear. Too be honest though who knows I might had that if I went into labour naturally. Most people know who were induced had a vontouse or forceps delivery.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back