being induced questions

isobel84

Reaction score
so saturday morning is my date.. :roll: dont know how to feel about it.

i wanna ask you mummys how did you find it? and how long did it take for your baby to come after being induced?

and i have read the info they gave me but i dont understand really what they will do.. also my MW said they will send me back home if labour dont start and that to come back next morning again? but i thought they have to keep an eye on babys heartbeat when your being induced??

hope someone can help
thanks
x

Im sure youll get loads of replies! There are loads of us that have been induced :D

Well I turned up and they explained it all to me before they started. They said they would give me a pessery, wait 24 hours, then if nothing happened give me another pessery and if that still didnt work another one, and then give me oxytocin (think thats what its called) through an IV to speed up contractions and also break my waters once I was around 3cm.

For me, I had the first pessery at 10am, contractions started at 8pm. I had the pessery removed at 9am the next day and taken to delivery at 11am to have my waters broken. By 1pm I was fully dilated. :) Although I found the whole process a bit boring and hated the fact that I had to spend 8pm - 9am on my own (hospital visiting hours apply when your on the wards), being induced wasnt even half as bad as I thought it would be :D

Your going to be absolutly fine, but hopefully noa will decide to turn up before then. Sods law he'll decide he wants to come on friday night!

I was given the first pessry at 7am on a Sunday morning and nothing happend all day so had the second one on Monday around 7am. Started getting contractions very soon after that and then at 10am my waters broke and the contractions got really strong. I also had the oxcytosin to make the contractions stronger. And then after 24hs in labour and while waiting for the registrar to use the vountouse I managed to push him out on Tuesday morning at 10.17am!

Good luck, you will be fine!!

Pessary after pessary after pessary...waters broken, syntocin drip. Was in there 4 days in total, on the drip for about 12 hours of labour. This was all 1st time round.
Although A lot of women go into labour after the 1st pessary and hopefully, with you being 1cm dilated already, that might be you. I had a posterior closed cervix the whole time which made breaking my waters fun.... NOT lol.

My 2nd induction was a dream (Except being on a drip the whole time which pissed me off slightly!)

thanks girls!
i hope it wont take so long i was just over 2cm dialated yesterday and still have a 3rd sweep tomorrow so hopefully it wont come to being induced but knowing Noa.. it will be daaaays

i didnt have the best induction with dd so wont put it down plus girls here have it covered hope he makes apperance befor this tho 4 u x

My induction went well, I arrived at the hospital at 8am had the pessary around 9am... Was told I was having contractions around 5pm but couldnt really feel them until my waters broke at 8pmish.... I was took down to the labour ward at just 2cm dilated and they tryed to send me back up to but 3 hours later I was 10 cm and my little boy arrived. I was only in established labour for 3 hours. The only thing I hated is I couldnt get up and walk around.

Hope Noa comes soon x I thought my LO was never gonna come either, by the time he was born he was 15 days late xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back