What is an acceptable age to continue breastfeeding till?

I think you got to do what is right for you. My dd is 6 months and starting to wean but is not putting weight on and hv wants me to bottle feed. I'm really reluctant as this is my last child so don't know how long I'll feed for, can't imagine stopping yet!

I think you got to do what is right for you. My dd is 6 months and starting to wean but is not putting weight on and hv wants me to bottle feed. I'm really reluctant as this is my last child so don't know how long I'll feed for, can't imagine stopping yet!

Dont be pressurised into bottle feeding if you dont feel it is the right choice. It might help in some cases but doctors and hvs are quick to suggest it and it is not always the best solution. Sometimes there is a different issue involved (this has happened with our LO) or no problem at all, not all babies grow the same.

Yes I'd agree, don't give up breastfeeding - formula is not a miracle cure to everything.

I feel its a shame that society is so negative towards breastfeeding in general. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back