Extraordinary breastfeeding (TV)

Urchin

Reaction score
Did anyone see the trailer for this after big brother????!!

"Everyone knows that breast is best, but for how long? Is it OK for toddlers to pull up their mothers' shirts and ask for "mummy milk"? What about feeding a four-year-old? Or a seven-year-old? Or two children at once? Or someone else's child? The World Health Organisation recommends that all children are breastfed until at least two years. In Britain we think that's downright weird. But this forthright, revealing and heart-warming film meets a group of women who believe in continuing to breastfeed for as long as their children want. Veronika is still breastfeeding her seven-year-old daughter, while her eldest has asked if she can be breastfed as a present for her tenth birthday. Spanish-born Dolores is still breastfeeding her son, who is nearly four. Dolores and her English husband are about to adopt and her greatest wish is to breastfeed her adopted daughter. Thirty-eight-year-old Sophie is tandem-feeding two-year-old twins Zac and Molly on demand, and is feeling the strain. And Kirsty, who works for an organisation that helps teach young mums how to breastfeed, is breastfeeding her daughter at nearly two and is very concerned that new laws could prevent breastfeeding in public places."

Discuss.........

I saw the trailer, am actually looking forward to watching this. Breastfeeding the 2 year olds I can kind of understand though doubt I'll be doing that (I just think when they can unbutton your bra for you, then maybe its getting time to stop???) but the 7 year old on her mum's lap looked wrong to me...

Should be interesting though, when we were doing about child protection someone was reported to social services for breastfeeding their 4 year old son s the person thought it was innapropriate. Its wierd how society views breastfeeding and are more comfortable with the idea breasts are sexual objects trather than what we actually have them for.

My GP in Edinburgh (well, his wife), was still breastfeeding their 4 year old. :shock: I wasn't so convinced by that. However, I fed my daughter until 18 months. Just a well though... she was hospitalised after her MMR and following a very traumatic time, she found recovery and comfort while BF. She weaned herself off by 18 months. :)
At that point anyway, I was only breast feeding her twice a day, so no embarrassing shirt lifting in public places.

I'll just go with the flow this time. Doubt that I'll exceed 1 year..... :wink:
Emilia xx

oh man thats wierd!!!!

when is the show on??
and what channel?

I saw it ans am gonna watch it............looks facinating, not something I could do, I think a year is about all I could manage!!

I don't like the thought of a child with teeth chewing on my nipples :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back