What info do I need to be prepared for first midwife appt?

lisa-marie

Reaction score
I have my first midwife appt next Wednesday any help with what she might ask?

I know there is twins in our family but will she need any medical info from either side?

The pack they gave me was really useless with just a load of leaflets from different places offering private scans no useful information and with me being a first time mum with no friends who have babies I haven't got anyone to ask :(

I've got mine in 2 weeks, but from what I remember being pregnant with my son.. They ask you about any genetic diseases and things like diabetes in your family etc. There's so much more, but thats all I can remember at the mo. Sorry if not much help.. x

they will ask you about any medical conditions you have, allergies, they will ask about family medical history to.

Ive got mine on 4th july.

Nothing major, just the basics, family history, conditions etc. Just check with your OH as to if there is anything of note on his side of the family.

Also don't forget if you don't know something when there you can always let her know at the next appiontment or phone her up. You take the booklet home with you anyways so its not like you can't make a note and have it filled in the next time you see her.

Thanks guys for all the help - i'll let you know how it all goes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back