First Midwife Appt - What to Expect?

Bexter

Reaction score
Got a phone call from the midwife last night making an appointment to see me, it's for Monday 5th and it'll be a home visit.

What can i expect from this appt? (except a shed load of paperwork :lol: )

I'm so excited, it starting to feel real now! xx

I think from reading previous posts, it can differ from area to area. My first appointment was nothing more than a 'hello' and making a date for the booking appointment which I have next week, and that is the one where more info will be taken as well as blood and all that. :)

Ok, thanks. And what's the booking appointment? :oops:
Also, does the midwife arrange the first scan or will that come direct from the hospital?

My first appointment will also be at home, but I have been told that it will take between 1-1.5 hours so I'm not sure what to expect really.

Good luck with the appointment and let us all know how you get on and what it was like.

:hug:

hello :wave:
My first appt was at home and took just over an hour. There was paperwork to fill in, wee sample, blood sample, doppler on tummy to listen to heartbeat (but was too early at ten weeks to hear it). She also checked with the hospital that I had a scan appt as I hadn't heard anything. Made it seem more real!

Pea x

Bexter said:
Ok, thanks. And what's the booking appointment? :oops:
Also, does the midwife arrange the first scan or will that come direct from the hospital?

From what I have been told, the booking appointment is the first 'real' midwife appointment, takes an hour or so and where they go through your medical history, talk about hospitals and all that but some people have this as their first appointment at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back