• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what happens at 12 weeks with your tummy?!

fairyM

Reaction score
This might be an odd question but what exactly happens to your tummy at 12 weeks?
I read that around this time the uterus leaves your pubic bone area and moves up so your bump is higher.
Does this happen like automatically :think: at 12 weeks or does it happen in the running up to 12 weeks or from 12 weeks as im confused.
I cant tell if mine is or not, and i dont really wanna prod around as dont feel comfortable doing that.
Does the bump rise above the belly button.
Im 11 weeks 3 days at the mo, so i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter. I also read somewhere that the bump should measure the same amount of weeks from the pubic bone area to your belly button.
Id be grateful for any answers.

Basically it's just that at around 12 weeks (but like everything else there's no hard and fast rule, might be a bit earlier or later) your uterus starts protruding above the pelvis so that you can start to feel it. Mine's like a hard line above my pubic bone. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a bump as such just yet, although it might seem that way as the top half of your bump is rearranged organs for quite a while anyhow! And your tummy (if like me you've got on that is!) will start to look more bump like as it is supported from below by the uterus. HTH.

Im on my 11 week you see and ive noticed over the weekend by tummy has got bigger and my bigger trousers that were the only ones that fitted are now getting tight. I think my tummy has got a little higher and sticking out more as some people at work have commented on it, but i cant feel anything like the hardness of the bottom of the uterus, although i probably havent checked properly as im too scared to prod around.
I suppose im just worried or hoping that im at the right stage for my weeks that i am pregnant.
That diagram above is really helpful, i will be measuring tonight to check.x

It is probably becuase of the expansion fairy, it's just that it hasn't quite popped over the top yet, but there's still been a lot of stuff to push out of the way! So I'm sure you're at the right point, don't worry hon x

Thanks, i have been feeling a little achey down that area last few days and at the bottom of my ribs so it must be pushing up, thing is im so tiny i keep thinking that im just gunna look like legs joined to my armpits and look outta proportion as im only 5ft 2.
I have some strange images going around my head :x
I think its being pregnant, its making me go mad and completely paranoid.x
Thanks for your replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33