What do you think?

Laura_C

Reaction score
I have a very strong suspicion I am pregnant with another girl this time around, could be wrong but I just think I feel it - pregnancy very similar so far as was with my daughter, still got a long time to go yet! Probably be proved wrong though!

Anyway, I have been thinking of names already and I love lots of girls names but tbh I want something a little different, but not too different iykwim!

My husbands family have very strong connections to Wales and I just wanted your HONEST opinions. I thought it may be nice to go down the Welsh name route.

I heard the name Nerys the other day and I thought it was lovely... what do you think?

Another name I like is Seren, but not so sure on this one.

Be interested to see what you think :)

P.S. Surname is Chidgey - terrible I know but stuck with it!

Last edited:
i like Nerys :) goes well with the surname too xx

I think nerys sounds a bit like a little old welsh woman IMO, I love seren x

That's what I was worried about, I said exactly that to my hubby! Good to get honest opinions x

i like the older sounding names....he he..obvisouly...we like william and harry for boys and hannah and lilly for girls x

Love your names Samsgirl :)

I must admit I am usually a sucker for traditional names.

What do you guys think about Camille? Obviously not going with the welsh theme on this one. Not sure if I could imagine myself with a Camille, just think it's pretty. Grace and Camille, does it have a ring to it....?

I like Seren, I also like Nerys, but it reminds me of that women who starred in the series district nurse,

Camille is gorgeous, goes well with Grace.

Olivia goes well with Grace too.

I like Olivia by one of my close friends little girl is Olivia, not sure if I could have it :(

Yes Nerys reminds me of that old actress Nerys Hughes - very Welsh though! How about Cerys? Also Welsh but a bit more modern? I like Camille, Seren and Grace :) xx

I had Carys on my list when I had Grace, I used to know a Cerys so I think that put me off that one!! It's funny if you know someone that you don't particularly like with that name puts you off it!

Cerys is lovely, I love welsh names. I love Irish names too but my oh isn't into any of them :( xx

I really like Carys too, actually prefer it to Cerys but was going for the whole Nerys vibe, lol xxx

Thanks for the suggestions x

I think I have concluded that Nerys maybe sounds a bit old womanish, my hubby doesn't really like it either. You watch though, give it 2 years and I bet there are load of Nerys'!! Lol!

I have like Seren for a while but again OH not sure.

I love the name Seren it's lovely and i do't know anyone with that name. My best friend at uni is Ceris and shes lovely :)

I like Cerys too or Carys or Ceri. I like Seren but...theres a very trashy 'Glamour model' called Seren Gibson whos seriously put me off the name, can regularly be seen on the fromt of Zoo/Nuts mags etc with her waps out & bits of duct tape barely covering her nipples- vile! Such a shame as such a pretty name, Seren was one of our frontrunners too til I saw that lol x

i quite like nerys and seren but if im honest then im not totally blown away with them. i think there are some much prettier welsh names out there. xxx

Oh I loved Seren right up until I just found out about the glamour model! lol
I think its dropped down the shortlist now.
Moving up two places to number 3 is now Amelia though!

Yayyy huge congrats firstly on your pregnancy Laura! well done, so pleased for you

I am not so keen on Nerys , it could make you think of older ladies
I love Seren, we had it on our list, but was never certain either , not sure why

My middle name is welsh- Sian, (but common) , and my sisters middle name is welsh - Meridith , pronounced Mer-id-ith rather than meri-dith.

Cerys just makes me think of Cerys Mathews

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back