What do you suggest?

MrsT2011

Reaction score
Hi girls

I've really been feeling unwell today and I know this sounds stupid but who should I contact?
Basically I've had a headache on and off all day, had a few dizzy spells and sharp stabbing pains in my groin occasionally and just generally feel crap!
The symptoms sound worse than they are - I've managed to work today and function reasonably well but I can't help but have this gut feeling that I should speak to someone.
I never know whether to ring midwife, gp or hospital so in the end I don't bother but end up feeling guilty that I'm not looking after myself or baby.

Please any thoughts - even if you just say don't ring anyone it just gives me reassurance!

I'm 28 + 4.

Thanks

Hi Hun, didnt want to read and run but for whatever reasons i always follow my gut feeling, I wouldnt hold back on calling the maternity unit or NHS help line, or even going in to get be reasured, its always better to be safe than sorry :)

Hope everythings ok, xxxx

I'd ring nhs, they usually get a nurse to ring u back who advises u on whether to go to the hospital or not and she can just generally put ur mind at rest! Go with ur gut hun its better than sitting worrying xxx

Once you are in in 3rd tri you can always call labor ward for advise, they have always been helpful with me and if they think you should be seen they will tell you by who and what to do next, it's basically like calling your midwife out of hours, good luck, hope you feel better soon

Thanks everyone. I'm still sitting here doing nothing about it but don't feel so rough now other than a sore throat so must be coming down with something.
Appreciate you all replying x

ring your MW hun she will be able advise from there x x x

MrsT, there must be something in the air, i woke up at 2am with a splitting headache, then today i have been sneezing like a good en and felt quite sicky!! I'm a bit like you though, i never know who to ring if anyone and so just grin and bare it (unless its bump pain etc, something that i know is deffo pregnancy related)
As the others have said though if you are worried ring NHS helpline or your midwife either one are there to help regardless :) hope you start feeling better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back