What do you do with old baby clothes

leckershell

Reaction score
I just offered mine on here but you're right there should be a charity or something.

I have put all of stephens old clothes in the tesco thing - tommo told me it ngoes to charity so ive done that, a lot of imogens clothes have gone to someone in the family and im selling a bundle on ebay as i need som dosh.

I guess you could use Freecycle? Just a thought :)

I can't bring myself to get rid of any. I've got about 5 binliners full of clothes just sitting doing nothing......but what if DH relents and says we can have more kids? We'll need them then :lol: :oops:

HI just a thought, be careful of freecycle. Im a mod here in Brighton and we found out that people were using the clothes for car boot sales :shock:

Fair enough if they go to someone who really needs them but to somebody who hasnt got kids and to sell them on :shock: :shock: :shock:

I love used clothes, there already soft and well worn when you get them compared to new stuff which i sometimes find a bit starchy.

I have all of my neices clothes for immy as lydias only 6 months older so i get them all and the stuff is lovely - pity it stinks of fags when i get it and needs wshing about 20 times.

I dont want to throw any of them away either!!! But if they go to a good home then maybe I would. I was thinking about the hospital baby unit?? Or I think someone else said a while back the womens refuge places.

xx

By the way Midna Ive gone back to full time breastfeeding so pleased about it. Was it worth 1 bottle in the evening/night..............NO. Did she sleep longer?.........NO :)

XX

Ive given Jakes to expecting friends and to charity shops. Fluffy Bunny asked this a while ago and I suggested donating to womens aid as women often flee with just the clothes on their backs (and the babies/kids too)

midna said:
Aww yer I think I would want them to go to a good home you know .. I got some of ryans preloved stuff and tbh I used that more than the new stuff that was bought for us ...it was all worn in and soft and stuff ..besides shes kinda stained most of them now ...lol sorry shell :oops:

lmao :D

I have kept quite a lot of our stuff for future girl babies :wink: I'd love another little girl :shhh:

I gave some stuff to a couple of friends who had little girls about 6 months after Lib was born, and have kept the best stuff & the stuff that people bought us as gifts.

If you're not holding onto it then I think donating to a womens refuge is a fabulous idea!! Never even thought of that.

natalie&jake said:
Ive given Jakes to expecting friends and to charity shops. Fluffy Bunny asked this a while ago and I suggested donating to womens aid as women often flee with just the clothes on their backs (and the babies/kids too)

I ended up doing this cause I had so much stuff, everyone just seemed to clear out their attics when I had Evie :) It was really nice bits and because I was given it anyway it didn't seem right selling it on, I don't always trust freecycle for the reasons maria said, so I contacted womens aid. I got hold of the number for the leicester office and ended up taking it there. They obviously don't give out details of where their refuges are but the clothes get used for the women and children coming to them who have had to flee domestic abuse and not been able to take any belongings.

0808 2000 247 - thats the national phone number or
http://www.womensaid.org.uk

:D

You could take it to your local womans refuge. Thee woman have to flee with their kids and the clothes on their back. Im sure they could make great use of your extra baby clothes. :D

i hadnt seen fluffy bunnys post. I am not a parrot :lol:

tbh I just give it away... either to charity or to friends with kids... but there were the odd items I kept, and have now come out of storage for this little one.. so don't get rid of everything :wink:

Also some of the things to get extra time out of the clothes ... for example baby gros.. I'd cut the feet off so that Tia could get a few more weeks out of them.. :D

I am keeping the ones I like most (in case we have another baby), others go to charity. I thought, that I will keep al of them (even vests and cardigans, cos they cost 7 quid per pack, and when you have to buy tons of baby stuff it still adds up), but the other day we got a charity bag (we are getting them quite often) put throught the door, asking for adult and baby clothes in all sizes for babies with terminal illnesses and their families! So I just had to give most of Daniel's stuff away!

Carina said:
I am keeping the ones I like most (in case we have another baby), others go to charity. I thought, that I will keep al of them (even vests and cardigans, cos they cost 7 quid per pack, and when you have to buy tons of baby stuff it still adds up), but the other day we got a charity bag (we are getting them quite often) put throught the door, asking for adult and baby clothes in all sizes for babies with terminal illnesses and their families! So I just had to give most of Daniel's stuff away!

Always read them bags really carefully. check for a registered charity number.

A lot of them bags that get shoved thru ur door are then taken to places and SOLD to them...

SOOOO wrong..

And back on topic... im donating all my stuff to the womans refuge.. keeping a couple of her tiny dresses for her memory box but rest is going the refuge... its such a shame for them women and kiddies :(

Do you think they'll want the stained stuff too? :think:

Hannah has 2 cousins, one about 10 months older and one about 18 months older (both girls) Thier mums are very selective about what thier children wears (i get the feeling the mothers try to out do eachother with designer names) and the mother of the younger cousin will NEVER take anything 'second hand' from the olders mother. :shock:
Dosent bother me tho, im not too proud at all. I get EVERYTHING from them, and hannah is constantly wearing oilalilly/minimode/gap etcetc :rotfl: I already have 6 FULL bin bags of stuff in the loft ready for the next littleun' (if its a girl like!) if this ones a boy i dont know what ill do with it all. Its got to be worth over a grand what i have. (loads even brand new)

melissa's are in bags atm ready to put in the attic- in case she has a little sister in the future!

I donate Thea's to the local orphange here.
Your local social services would know where you could donate them to someone needy or a childrens home etc.

I've put the stuff that he's outgrown (or I bought before he was born and I don't like now I know I've got a boy!) in one of those under bed plastic boxes although I am going to have to get a bigger box as he's outgrowing stuff at a rate of knots! Put them aside for No 2 (although in 2/3 yrs time I might not want his hand-me-downs esp if I have a girl next time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back