• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you call your husbands parents?

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
Sorry moving on from *star*s post, what do you call your husbands parents? Because since me and OH got married they started putting love mum and dad (surname) in my birthday cards etc. I just think its plain weird. They arent my parents :shakehead: we dont even get on..

Or am i the weird one?

I just call them by their names, although they do sometimes end emails with Mum or Dad, but that is only when FIL sends them - but then he called HIS inlaws Mum & Dad.

I just call them by their first names but I have a few other choice titles for them when they aren't listening!

moaning old bag usually!!

But to her face I call her by her first name. Or "Nanna" cos James is usually with me and we always go by our titles according to him!

By their names if I have to or normally just catch their eye I hate calling them by their names lol

But behind closed door I call them ***** * ****** ******* **** *ahem*

I don't call them anything! If i'm writing tags on pressies i'll put Mum or Dad.

His mum signs cards with mum, but his dad uses his first name.

i just call them by their names (on a good day lol)

We haven't seen Kev's mum or her partner for a long time but I call them by their first names.

By their first names although his mum signs her cards mum 2!
I also call OH's nan, Granny!

I call my mil by her name and no others as we get on quite well!

I call her nanny when the children are present.

She does sign cards with love mum etc, linda. Depends i think.

a waste of space, when I care enough to acknowledge their existance :evil:

Mrs_Jay said:
Sorry moving on from *star*s post, what do you call your husbands parents? Because since me and OH got married they started putting love mum and dad (surname) in my birthday cards etc. I just think its plain weird. They arent my parents :shakehead: we dont even get on..

Or am i the weird one?

I'd never call them Mum & Dad. I call them by their names although I could think of more apt names...

by there names there not my mum and dad so i aint calling them it. altho they have tried :shakehead:

I call Mike's dad by his name - unless I am talking to Olivia or the other grandchildren when I call him Pops, (or Poppy lol). He always signs cards to me as dad with his surname as in 'Dad K.... '(surname). Mike refers to my parents by their first names and that is how they sign cards to him. If it is a card to both of us then they put mum or dad depending on who it is from, (they are divorced).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back