• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what do u do??

NICCI

Reaction score
im worried that im not doing enough with jack!!
i try to go out once a day even if its just for a dog walk, but should i be doing more with him!
when should i start tummy time? and reading to him?
my oh thinks im worrying to soon bout this.
what do or did u ladies do with babies around ten weeks old! xx

Don't worry you're doing fine hun :hug:

Tummy time you can do whenever, pretty much from birth! Don't expect him to like it immediately... it's taken me until now to get my LO to like it and even now she'll just roll right back onto her side or back if she can't be bothered with it. Some babies love being on their tummy though - just have lots of things that make noise to hand to distract. I also used to lie on my back with her tummy to tummy so that I could entertain her from underneath!

Reading - totally up to you. He'll just like the sound of your voice and again you can do this whenever you want.

Do what you feel comfortable with, you're the most entertaining thing for Jack at the mo so just being with him even in the house is fantastic to him :hug:

i read to logan now he loves looking at different puctures so works wel. i wanted to start early as he is a boy and it can be harder once they get older and get in touch with their Y chromosome.

sandi

Its really up to you what you do during the day just as long as your baby is being stimulated I dfont think it really matters what you do.

Here's an example of what we've done today so you can get some ideas.

7:45am woke & fed
8:15am sat in bouncer chair playing while I got my breakfast
8:45am played on play gym while I expressed
9:15am top & tiled & dressed for the day
9:30am Nap
10:40am woke
10:45am Went to Jolly Babies singing (fed while at group)
12:00 Went straight to matalan (npped for 10 mins on way there & back )
13:30 Got home played in bouncer chair while I got lunch
14:15 nap
15:40 woke & fed
16:00 played on play gym
16:25 read some books
17:00 played on floor with various toys building blocks, hand puppet, rattle, teething toy and not to mention me being very silly pulling faces, blowing raspberries and tickling her.
17:45 Bathtime & bed routine

I started reading to Maia from about 2 weeks old so you can start whenever. I started tummy time around the same time but she's not a big fan but whenever I put her on her play gym of on the blanket on the floor I start her on her tummy till she gets fed up. In the beginning she could only manage a minute or so but now she can tollerate it for 20 minutes or so.

Some other things we do is have a massage (although she has to be in the right frame of mind for that), go swimming (which she loves), go to the supermarket (which neither of us love), ocasionally meet a friend, go for a walk with the pram for an hour or so, go to the library for some new books, go to a breastfeeding group, go see my sister and my niece and occasionally go to a local soft play area with a friend.

So long as you spend quality time with your lo it doesnt matter what you do they just love your attention.

I've just started reading to her this week. I get great big smiles when I read to her :D . We go out most days in the afternoon even if it's just for a walk around the block.

Dont worry to much just yet. I make sure ryan knows he has to play by himself sometimes while i have a break and get lunch etc but we usually practice his sitting up and rolling over, he loves laying on the floor playing so i lay on the floor with him, sometimes we read stories, sing songs, he goes in his walker and i push him around the flat and he loves going in his bouncer and i swing him in it lol.
Just spending time with him is enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back