What do you do to entertain your LO during the day??

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what you do with a 6 week old as sometimes I feel I am ignoring Harry, the reason I say this is I try and play with Harry but he doesnt seem interested so I tend to out him in his vibrating chair and catch up on housework or PF but I feel bas like I should be devoting all my time to Harry. I also leave him on his playmat.
What should I be doing with Harry at 6 weeks should I be with him all the time. Could you let me know what you were doing when your LO was 6 weeks old and how much time you spent away from them doing chores etc??

Make the most of it because in a few weeks he will demand your undivided attention!!

Good things when they are little are soft play books and pictures of faces and things. IN the next few weeks he will suddenly become a lot more alert but still have no attention span so it is difficult.

Other good things are popping him in a sling and giving him a running commentary as you do housework and things.

I feel the same as you. Jaida seems happy to just be on her own, she lays in her pram looking at the black plastic thing where the hood attatches or just sits in her bouncer, I feel right sorry for her like I'm neglecting her but shes not interested in me :(

Oh definately enjoy it hun, it will soon change :wink:

Dont remember what i did with Calleigh at 6 weeks.(Mummy Brain :lol: ) I think i devoted time to her when she was mostly alert then the rest of the time she was either sleeping or eating. When she slept i got on with chores but only the essential ones :wink:

Calleigh always had something to look at be it a mobile or her dangly toys on her mat. Taking them out for walks in the pushchair is always good. A nice bit of fresh air for the both of you.
My LO will be awake from her nap soon and i think we shall have to go out for a walk as the weathers nice.

Also i tend to talk to my LO as i go about doing things and as she is more awake in the day than asleep now i do any housework with her either sat in her highchair in the kitchen watching me washup etc or in the bumbo whilst i sort washing, clean bathroom etc.

I posted about this a few weeks ago.... ooooh how I miss it! Now, when Evie is awake, he either bounces in her door bouncer, bounces on my knee. plays with her toys or watches cbeebies!

I love the daytime naps now- although to be fair to her she does entertain herself for the most part! :shhh:

At around 6 weeks I used to be able to leave my LO alone for about 45 mins to an hour. I would do jobs around her and she would lay and look around.

I miss that...

The only thing I can say - enjoy while it lasts!! Soon its all going to change and you wont have a minute of free time. :lol: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What???!!! He lets you walk away from him?? I'm jealous!! I can only leave her ofr a max of 10 mins and thats usually during nappy off time of just after a change.

She always wants to be played with, i sit her on my legs and we bounce, or she sits on my lap whilst i type, generaly she just likes attention full stop.

Id make the most of it, i'm praying she'll start playing with toys etc soon and not need me so much

My son was not interested in toys until around 4 months, maybe a bit sooner i cant quiet remember? :think: I could walk away and do what i wanted he'd just stare into space lol! I just use to hang one of these on his bouncer and he'd just stare at it lol which seemed to entertain him until he could bop at it with his hand. I had a vibrating bouncer and he'd quiet happily sit in that. i wouldnt worry he'll let you no when he wants you to pay attention! like others have said enjoy it while it lasts, i cant leave ky for 2 secs without him screaming or doing something he shouldnt be! the latest is belly flopping head over heals out of his walker :doh:

Do you sing to your LO?

I did this from the day one - partly because LO was crying :rotfl: but now she really loves the songs I used to sing her when she was younger...

Im with abcd1234 on this one. My LO will only be left for no more than 10 mins before he starts to cry. ENJOY!!!

I wudnt worry theres not alot you can do or 'play' with a baby thats 6 weeks. Enjoy it while you can.

Although I can still leave DS for a bit in his swing or on mat, or dorr bouncer, he wants alot of attention and playing with, talking to etc. He will be laid there winging, and soon as I go over its all wriggles and smiles, he just wants attention!!

Hiya,

I wish Ruby was as laid back! She settles up on my shoulder, in the sling or on the boob, but as soon as I try to put her down her eyes fly open and I get 'waaaaaaaaaaaaah' I may get 10 minutes, if I'm lucky, and if I do get her off one of the girls usually wakes her up!!!

Ruby loves to look at dangling toys, patterns (she watches simple things like the curtains moving in the wind) and she likes our ELC sneezy dragon. When I'm working about the house I usually put her in her sling or her bouncer and take her from room to room. When she's awake and content she loves to look at faces (she loves looking at her sisters too); we had our first smile yesterday, and today she chuckled - it quite surprised me!!!! I do also sing to her - have picked up quite a few nursery rhymes over the 6 yrs of having young kids!!

What the others have said. Enjoy it whilst it lasts :) And don't feel bad for catching up on things round the house or computer time. Its good your LO is happy and content to let you get on. Sometime soon that will probably pass and you'll be having to provide endless amusement for your LO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back