How do u know

Lilelephant

Reaction score
If u r engaging LO enough?

O is nearly 5 weeks and is waking time in his bouncer or on his mat. I try and engage him but he doesn't seem interested. When he is on my lap he is the same more interested in the painting on the wall! I am so worried I don't engage him with me enough! :-( I want him to be happy, he hasn't really smiled yet either, am I doing something wrong

Nope :)
When he's awake sing to him, chat to him walk him around and show him dfferent things there's not much u can do at that age x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Hun u r not doing anything wrong- each baby has their own little personality developing and will start doing things at different times. I do exactly the same as u but Fin stares at people's faces now but that was nothing to do with me and he's done when he was ready. Do u sing or talk directly to O to try and catch his attention? U will deffo get your smile from your little man soon :love:

Yeah all the time I just talk to him like ooh let's go make a cup of tea lol random shit

In the next few weeks O will become much more responsive to you, should be smiling and watching you. Sophia started making little cooing noises too which are just adorable, she is proper noisy now!! Last night she chatted all the way through our tv program! When you dress him etc talk through what you are doing to him like 'where is you handy? Oh there it is lets put it into your sleevy!' that sort of thing. Thats what I have always done with my babies, you can talk through everything you do, like the bath, playtime. He may not seem interested at first but soon enough he'll be smiling then laughing at you. I pull funny faces and make silly sounds to make her smile all the time - I think she thinks I'm mental! But she has the biggest smiles for me :)

Thanks, I do talk to him like u said Laura :) he does stare at me when I talk to him sometimes. I just worry I wanna do the right things

OH makes pig noises at Ty. He just looks at him as if to say wtf!
I talk random too, I have whole 1 sided conversations with him.

Stanley was like that, only in the last couple of weeks has he really come on and cooed and smiled at me..

It was almost like I was sooo boriing for him lol as he'd look everywhere BUT at me lol when he was younger!!

Dont worry, just keep talking to him and the more he recognises your voice the more he'll start to interact with you x

I think the milestone for smiling is 8 weeks, mine was 8.5 weeks before he started mind u he didn't have a lot to smile about with his colic!! so its ok O hasn't started smiling yet, but he will over the next few weeks and when he does it will melt your heart!!!
They aren't very responsive at that age so you can't do a lot except love them, feed them and change them! I think N was about 3 mths when he started noticing and playing with me. Best thing is to just keep up a running commentary of everything u do then it helps them pick up language, copy their facial expressions back to them and smile loads at them!!!!

Hun, he's only 5 weeks old, give him time. His vision is still very fuzzy and he's still adusting to being outside the womb, he's only recently learnt that he's not there any more!

A smile will come any time. Oscar smiled at about 6 weeks 2 day and even then we were like did he/didn't he lol But it does happen.

Just relax and enjoy your baby hun, there's not much they can do at 5 weeks old apart from enjoy lots of cuddles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back