What do you do....

eldraW

Reaction score
With your baby??

Sorry, this might seem like a strange question but wondering what all you ladies spend time doing with your LO. I know when their so young we are limited to what we can do with them but i want to do more with him. Like for instance i spend time cuddling and talking to leo and what not but wouldnt mind hearin what other people do with their LO's.

Thanks xx

I sing to o and read him stories lol I also play with him on his mat and bouncer. He kinda ignores me ATM tho lol!

Lol thanks hun. My health visitors just been out and she told me to read and sing to him aswell. I mean im always talking to him. When you have him on his mat how do you play with him? Leo enjoys been on his playmat and bouncer like xx

I do pretty much the same as mrs mc also my local children's centre have stay and play sessions for babies under 1 so I am gonna take him along this week. It's all sensory stuff like play mats etc but I think it will be good for us both to go out and meet other mums and babies x

My LO is a bit older than yours but can't recommend getting out to Mum's and Tots groups, stay and plays as soon as you feel up to it. We go to a few groups and have made some friends. I look forward to going to them and having a gossip with the girls and Jake enjoys playing with the other babies.
When we are at home, we play with toys, I sing to Jake, watch a bit of tv and have lots of cuddles. We also go out for walks which LO enjoys more now he's sat facing forward in his big buggy but he still enjoyed the fresh air when he was facing me!

Same for me really, I just chat away to LO (he's probs fed up listening to me) I take him into whatever room im in & chat to him while doing the washing ect...he just gibbers away back to me, so cute. But yeah apart from that I show him toys & eldest LO plays with him alot

:)

I recieved a letter on friday asking me if i was interested in going on this baby play thing which lasts 12 weeks. It includes things like baby massage but not sure what else. The letter says its first come first serve and the places fill up really quick so i need to make my mind up. I would be overwhelmed to be able to do things like this with Leo but im a bit worried about other mammys that wil be there as i lack confidence in meeting new people because of something that happened in the past. Im thinking maybe i should try my best to put that at the back of my head and keep telling myself i will be doing it for me and my son. Xx

same really, its easier when they are a bit older, she plays on her playmat, with toys on her high chair, in her bumbo watching me wash out her bottles, in her boucner watching me have a shower etc.

don't get me wrong, i do play with her and sing/talk to her virtually all day but i do leave her alone playing by herself which she is quite content to do! she would get very bored if i tried to cuddle her all day!

I recieved a letter on friday asking me if i was interested in going on this baby play thing which lasts 12 weeks. It includes things like baby massage but not sure what else. The letter says its first come first serve and the places fill up really quick so i need to make my mind up. I would be overwhelmed to be able to do things like this with Leo but im a bit worried about other mammys that wil be there as i lack confidence in meeting new people because of something that happened in the past. Im thinking maybe i should try my best to put that at the back of my head and keep telling myself i will be doing it for me and my son. Xx

I feel a bit like you too. The first time i had to take Ethan to get weighed was at the childrens centre and they have a stay and play session and at the same time you can see the health visitor if you want to. I was quite vervous about taking him along but needed to get him weighed. When i went in everyone sits on the floor with their babies and plays and chats and waits till your called to see the hv. Everyone was really friendly and i chatted to quite a few mummies. Of course there were people there who all knew each other as they had been going for quite a while but i felt that as a new mum to the place everyone was so friendly. It also helped that Ethan was the smallest baby there and everyone was saying how small and cute he was so it was really easy to get talking to people. Give it a go, and if you dont like it then you dont need to keep going. But i am sure you will enbd up enjoying it and making some new friends as well x

My days are quite structured with Angel, I take her to a playgroup thing in the morning and while she cant play with any proper toys yet I put her in a colourful rubber ring thingy with my friends baby or shes happy just to sit on my knee and watch the other children play and just look at stuff. I sing and listen to music with her, give her 10 mins tummy time and look in the mirror with her and pull faces etc :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back