What could have been the cause?

maldives

Reaction score
Hi all,
I know someone who had a miscariage without knowing the cause maybe some of u have an idea i'll tell the story and plz let me know as she is very devistated about it.
she had period like blood before its due by a week. then it comes and goes she thought she might be pregnant, took a test it was positive.
then bleeding stopped everything was fine went for a scan fetus was fine with a heart beat.
went for her 12 week scan but noticed bleeding before that , no heart beat and the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks!
what could have been the cause i read in the forum about low hcg levels but what could cause it to be low?
plz reply i appreciate ur cooperation.

I'm sorry your friend is having to deal with this.

I don't know that much about the whys and wheres of pregnancy and miscarriage

Hopefully there will be someone else on here who can give you some advice though.
Good luck

X

So sorry to hear your friend is going through such a hard time. Most miscarriages are the result of genetic abnormalities in the growing embryo that cause it to halt development at a certain time. They are not the fault of the parents and in most cases cannot be prevented. Miscarriages can happen to anyone but thankfully are usually unfortunate one-offs and most people who have had a miscarriage or even more than one can go on to have healthy future pregnancies. The low HCG levels show that the embryo is not growing at the correct rate it should be.

I dont know hun but tell your friend not to give herself a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back