What constitutes a 'long period of time'

Miss.Monroe

Reaction score
the goverment says :

Your employer must carry out a risk assessment of your job to find any possible risks to you and your unborn child. These risks might be caused by:

lifting or carrying heavy loads
standing or sitting for long periods
exposure to toxic substances
long working hours
Your employer must then either remove the risk or remove you from being exposed to it (for example, by offering you suitable alternative work). If neither of these is possible, your employer should suspend you from work on full pay.

what do you think constitutes a long period of time to be standing behind a till without a break?

we have footstalls to sit on but the boss doesnt like us sitting on them at all, so we have to pretty much stand the whole day, its getting harder the futher along im geting, especially with this pain in the side ive had for 5 days now.

I'd ask your MW medically how long you should be standing for then you can talk to your boss about it. I don't think its fair to expect you to stand for an 8 hour shift for example. You need to be able to rest and have a chair to sit on.

I am not aware of any specific time frame as each job etc is different. If you seek medical advice you will at least have back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back