Look what I just found!! Gutted

On the Maternity Allowance info section of the jobcentre online....

How long is it paid for?
Babies due on or before 31 March 2007

MA is be paid for a maximum continuous period of 26 week.
Babies due on or after 1 April 2007

MA is be paid for a maximum continuous period of 39 weeks.

How much will I get?
The weekly rate is based on your average weekly earnings.

MA is paid at a standard rate or at a rate equal to 90% of your average gross weekly earnings. You will get whichever is the lower rate.

The standard rate is £108.85 from 10 April 2006.

It's a shame I'm not working or can go back to work! :wall: Typical!
Well good news for your guys who are working at the moment and due after April 1st!

dont knwo if this helps either, but i worked for teh first 20 weeks of my pregnancy with Colby and was sacked for being pregnant :roll:

anyway i applied for maternity pay through the job centre and was turned down because they said they had no record of me working so i appealed.

I won and recieved £1,600 and i had only been earning £50 a week when i was working.

strange how they work it out but i guess if you stand your grounds and appeal against everything you will get what you are entitle to, as i went through the same when pregnant with Adele only that took me over a year to win that one but i got it in teh end :twisted: :lol: :lol:

My original due date was 31st March and I was gutted as I knew about the 1st April thing due to our employment solicitor sending us a memo! Then had scan and was moved to 4th April - yay! Doesn't really make much difference as we work for ourselves so taking even a couple of months off will be hard, but it means that if we do decide to hire someone to replace me then I can take the longer period and get paid for longer from the business! :cheer:

is it true that if you have a lot of sickness from 26weeks onwards your work can insist you start maternity?

I was really ill when pregnant with Adele and was off sick from 15 weeks till 29 weeks when i gave birth, during that time i recieved SSP from my employer but after i gave birth i went down to see what happend about maternity leave and was told because i had been off ill for so long i had used all my contributions on sick pay i was no longer entitle to maternity pay. Thats why i had to claim it from the DSS. I had to fight because my employer couldnt sack me at that time because they didnt have a reason to so i ended up slapping the manager just to get sacked because i couldnt live of nothing as the DSS saw that i was technacly still employed :? Thats why it took me overa year to get what i was entitle to. anyway glad its all over now :lol:

sorry if that doesnt answer your question samrbtson

xxxx

samrbtson said:
is it true that if you have a lot of sickness from 26weeks onwards your work can insist you start maternity?

SMP or MA can't start till 29 weeks, so if you are off sick after this time they can start you on it yes (not at 26 weeks though, just at 29)

weestar21 said:

xxxx

it was just someone mentioned it to me the other day, and ive been off for close to 5 weeks now, and i am going to see if doc would sign me off for longer. I was planning to work up as long as is allowed, and i have quite a bit of holiday saved. i would be leaving mid november.

i do quite like the idea of slapping my manager though :twisted:

Sami said:
samrbtson said:

SMP or MA can't start till 29 weeks, so if you are off sick after this time they can start you on it yes (not at 26 weeks though, just at 29)

thanks sami!

I would ask your employer where you stand. legally they CAN do this, but they might not if they know you are going to come back? Might depend why you're off though x

samrbtson said:
weestar21 said:

xxxx

it was just someone mentioned it to me the other day, and ive been off for close to 5 weeks now, and i am going to see if doc would sign me off for longer. I was planning to work up as long as is allowed, and i have quite a bit of holiday saved. i would be leaving mid november.

i do quite like the idea of slapping my manager though :twisted:

it was fun i must admit :twisted: but it was the only way i could get sacked so it had to be done only down side was i was banned from mcdonalds :lol: :lol: (thast where i worked at thetime andhaving the probs i did their was no way the doctor would let me go back but i couldnt anyway because Adele was born so prem)

The earliest an employer can make you start mat leave is 34 weeks up until this time you should be allowed to take sick leave. I am having a debate about this with my employer at the min and have sought legal advice.. the confusion comes in the fact that you can choose to take mat leave from 29 weeks onwards.

Why would you choose mat leave though if you are entitield to sick pay which in my case pays more!

Lyndsey

I'm due 22nd March , gutted I miss out on an extra 13 weeks paid leave because of 10 days! Should have kept my legs crossed a bit longer...

My midwife said she may be able to 'alter' the date on the MATB1 form so I get the extra 13 weeks!

Yippiee, hope we can afford to subsidise the extra 3 months then I can have 9 months off instead of 6.

Now stay in there till your supposed to bump, dont go popping out early

actually it states babies DUE on or after 1/4/07 get the 9 months pay BUT does that count if it comes say 6 weeks prem as you were still DUE ain April

If you're due 1st April or after you get 9 months no matter when the baby comes.

If your due BEFORE 1st April you get 6 months no matter when the baby comes.

So even if my little darling comes 2 weeks late (in April) I'll still only get 6 month! (Unless MW works her magic with the form!!!)

maybebaby said:
If you're due 1st April or after you get 9 months no matter when the baby comes.

If your due BEFORE 1st April you get 6 months no matter when the baby comes.

So even if my little darling comes 2 weeks late (in April) I'll still only get 6 month! (Unless MW works her magic with the form!!!)

gutted for ya babe, but not for me since EDD is 20th April woooooo hoooiooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back