What are the risks of standing for long periods of time

jo jo

Reaction score
Hi All

Just need some advise. I work on a call centre training new members of staff which means me being on my feet almost allday and walking round answering questions and helping the staff.

I know there are risks to long periods of standing but what are these? I had a risk assessment done today where i expressed my concerns and they are going to get back to me about it.

Thanks

being a nurse i run around all day like a headless chicken... lol i was allowed to sit every hour for 5mins. i was due to work until 37 weeks but dropped off at 29 coz of spd :(

My feet and ankles have totally swollen up over the last couple of days, cant wear shoes!! but as i work in an office, have been told to make sure i walk around for a bit every hour and keep my feet moving all the time when im sitting, Madness your not meant to sit or stand for to long, up and down like a bloddy yo yo !!!

paradysso said:
being a nurse i run around all day like a headless chicken... lol i was allowed to sit every hour for 5mins. i was due to work until 37 weeks but dropped off at 29 coz of spd :(

Lol i know the feeling well!!! luckily thw last ward i was on were really nice and kept telling me to sit down and have a cup of tea every half hour!! lol "oh ok if i have to" !!! mind you that was in the height of summer so felt like i was going to collapse most days!! wanted to go work in a bikina instead of uniform!!!! ha ha hmmmm dont know what the patients would think of that!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back