What are the risks of standing for long periods of time

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by jo jo, Oct 27, 2005.

1. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

Hi All

Just need some advise. I work on a call centre training new members of staff which means me being on my feet almost allday and walking round answering questions and helping the staff.

I know there are risks to long periods of standing but what are these? I had a risk assessment done today where i expressed my concerns and they are going to get back to me about it.

Thanks

2. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

3. Guest

being a nurse i run around all day like a headless chicken... lol i was allowed to sit every hour for 5mins. i was due to work until 37 weeks but dropped off at 29 coz of spd :(

4. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

My feet and ankles have totally swollen up over the last couple of days, cant wear shoes!! but as i work in an office, have been told to make sure i walk around for a bit every hour and keep my feet moving all the time when im sitting, Madness your not meant to sit or stand for to long, up and down like a bloddy yo yo !!!

5. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

Lol i know the feeling well!!! luckily thw last ward i was on were really nice and kept telling me to sit down and have a cup of tea every half hour!! lol "oh ok if i have to" !!! mind you that was in the height of summer so felt like i was going to collapse most days!! wanted to go work in a bikina instead of uniform!!!! ha ha hmmmm dont know what the patients would think of that!! :shock: