what can i take for thrush?

LauraKC

Reaction score
before xmas i had v bad itching and was worried it was thrush. my preg friend think there is very little we can take for this? im worried about gettig an infection as this late stage. is canesten cream ok to use? can we get it prescribed?

Not sure about this hun, if its desperate go see your local chemist on call im sure they could help you

I think canestan is fine - I've been prescribewd it by my dr for fungal skin infections. He said it doesn't cross the placenta.

I've just been looking at local websites for somewhere use my real cotton nappy token. One of the sites sells tea tree oil. Apparently it is good forthrush, amongst other things like soaking nappies.

i had thrush throughout my pregnancy and i was told you are allowed the pessary and the cream, its only the oral tablet you cant take as it can affect the baby but the others are fine xxx

Yeahs thats right, i was perscribed the pessery about 6 times when i was pregnant with Aimee.

Canesten is fine, pharmacist told me. However probably none open today so if you have a co-op or similar try some natural yogurt. I dont mean eat it either :rotfl:

My pharmacist wouldn't sell it to me before I saw my doc.

She prescribed the pessary and cream, fantastic stuff, I was cleared within 36 hours :cheer:

And make sure your bath stuff is PH neutral as if I use anything other it feels like I'm on fire :shock: :shock: :shock:

Much to my chargrin as OH managed to get me some body shop ananya for my birthday which I cant use till after bubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back