antibiotics

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by nicola0531, Jan 4, 2008.

1. nicola0531

nicola0531 Well-Known Member

At xmas I was having major back ache which turned out to be a kidney infection since then I have completed my anti biotics which of course gave me thrush like they always do to me so I have used a canesten pessary and cream from the docs but still got thrush dont know how to get rid,
    I have the hospital on wed for anti d will get my urine checked again as I think there is still infection there but anyone know or have any ideas what I can do in the mean time? :wall:

2. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

lots of cranberry juice? only think i can think of that may help? :hug:

3. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Ive heard of using pure yoghurt on a tampon, not sure about in pregnancy though but yoghurt is ment to be a really good natural remedy for thrush. Never tried it myself but worth a shot?

4. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

Oh god I've just been through this, my thrush is getting better but slowly..I started off using just Canisten but it wasn't helping so when I went for my fluid check on Wednesday I was prescribed a pessary and only since I've put that in it's started to ease. Maybe it's worth just visiting the doc again? :hug:

5. ella

ella Well-Known Member

Can you use another pessary - they should work but you might need an extra one