Advice on what to use for thrush in tri 3

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if any girls can tell me what yous have been prescribed for thrush around tri 3 in pregnancy. I need to go and buy something today and cant wait for a doc appointment as im so uncomfortable and just want rid of it. Grudge paying the money but its got to be done. I was going to buy the cream you use internally and it comes with the external cream also. Do you think this will be ok? xx

Personally I run a shallow coolish bath and put a couple of drop of tea tree oil (pure Essential oil only!!) in - it's done me well so far!

As for over the counter meds I honestly do not know hun....ask the pharmasist maybe?

Hope you get it sorted soon xx

Last edited:
Personally I run a shallow coolish bath and put a couple of drop of tea tree oil (pure Essential oil only!!) in - it's done me well so far!

As for over the counter meds I honestly do not know hun....ask the pharmasist maybe?

Hope you get it sorted soon xx

Ive read about tea tree oil before. Does that manage to clear it up? Might try it if it does. xx

It's worked for me hun! and my OH :blush:

You can put it on to your skin neat...but I really do not suggest it in pregnancy and deffo not down there at anytime!!!

But a shallow cool bath with maybe 4 drops in is fine. Don't have the water too hot it will cause the oil to evapourate - also only use Pure Essential oil not these cheap fragerance oils.

It will not clear it up after one bath you may have to do it a few times same as the cream I suppose! xx

Thanks! Im going to go buy some today and give it a try. Fingers crossed it works, even if i calms it down a little it will be worth it. I know it wont be the last time i get it before due date lol xx

haha! Good luck hun hope it works for you!

xx

As far as I know everything except the oral tablet is fine so you can use the cream and pessary.

As far as I know everything except the oral tablet is fine so you can use the cream and pessary.

Yep that's what I heard too. My gp gave me the pessary last year when we thought I was pregnant and said you can't use the oral tablet but pessary is fine.
Oh my friend also swears by natural yogurt.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
X

I also used the pessary, this time and with last pregnancy. x

I used the pessary too, and the external cream, and I switched from having hot bubble baths to having luke warm ones with nothing at all in them. It did the trick and cleared it up for me. Good luck, I feel your pain! x

I used the pessary too, and the external cream, and I switched from having hot bubble baths to having luke warm ones with nothing at all in them. It did the trick and cleared it up for me. Good luck, I feel your pain! x

Hiya,

I'm probably a bit late and ur sorted by now but I swear by Malt Vinegar! I get thrush guaranteed when I have antibiotics. I got it when I was 16 and was mortified, thinking you could only get thrush from having sex, which I wasn't, but was to scared to tell my mum. Anyway, I did some research and found the vinegar remedy! Half a cup in a luke warm bath. I also find not wearing any knickers post bath and letting things air, and only wearing cotton pants works. I've never needed creams or pessaries!
Try it if ur getting desperate, I'm sure vinegar is safe?

Thanks ladies. I used the tree oil today in a lukewarm bath and it was ages after that before I started to feel uncomfortable again so must be working. Will have a few more baths in it and see how it goes. The things us women need to go through!!! Lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back