Home remedies for thrush?

nikki8092

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any home remedies/tips for thrush?? Never really had it before and i know its common in pregnancy. Docs have given me cream but its driving me mad lol. Also got to start some anti biotics for a urine infection but have been told to wait till this has cleared up.. :roll:

Tri hoping here. lol

If you google remedies for thrust whilst pregnant it will give you list of home remedies that you can use, such as natural bio yoghurt. I had this in tri 1 but can't remember what the other remedies were. Also watch that once you get cleared up and start antibiotics that it doesn't flare up again.

yeah they did say that the antibiotics may cause it again but then they will give me more cream but they dont want me taking the antibiotics together. x

The pessaries are the only way to treat thrush I find.

I am very susceptible to it and get it whenever I am prescribed a course of anti bs. I always get a prescription for canesten pessaries at the same time to treat them simultaneously. Not sure why they wouldn't do that for you but if you have been advised not to use them at the same time then probs best to stick to that!

Hope it clears soon for you x

i am on the cream and the pessary. Cant take the anti biotics till it clears up. Itchiness is driving me mental...

Aw, when did you use the pessary? It usually works fairly quickly for me, i.e. in a day or 2. Especially after it starts 'coming out' sorry TMI

lol, used it last night, only got it yesterday just finding the itchiness unbearable at moment.

I find a cold flannel really eases the itching xx

Aw, :hug: it should be much better tomorrow then fingers crossed. Hang in there xx

i've just been treated for this as a precaution why im waitin on swab results back but was given the pessary amd cream and was told no sex for 7 days and for my OH to ne treated for it too just incase so we disnt pass it back and forth.. Sorry i no this isnt a home remedie but just thought id share rather than just read and leave x

The pessary is great, you can use all the cream you like but only the pessary seems to clear it up for me. I can't see any home remedies soothing the itch more than the cream to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back