what can i take for sore throat?

*sara*

Reaction score
Ive got a terrible sore throat, does anyone know if its safe to take strepsils or halls throat sweets?? Its driving me crazy :(

What about tea with some honey in it. I think you can put ginger in it too, supposed to ease the pain.

i got told not to take them locket things... was well peeved off.

however sara.. i got told to take boiled water with lemon and honey in. I got that acacia honey from tesco and it was lovely. Tasted nice and soothed my throat a treat

x

*sara* said:
Ive got a terrible sore throat, does anyone know if its safe to take strepsils or halls throat sweets?? Its driving me crazy :(

Resident Speech Therapist to the rescue - breathe in some steam, it will help you hydrate your throat which will make it feel less sore. The way I do it is to make a cup of hot water, then jsut breathe in the steam from the cup - then drink the hot water which will help also. I also find that cold stuff like sorbet or ice lollies help.

Hope that helps you honey xxx

Thanks ladies :D its still really sore so just been in to boots to ask pharmacist she told me to gargle with tcp or soluble paracetamol and that i could take soothers or lockets, also been into asda for a lemon. Hopefully i will be able to get rid of it, and ill try the steam aswell. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back