Am I allowed to take anything??

Emmylou

Reaction score
Well....I'm poorly sick atm :( Am just getting through a bug, and have a really sore throat and chesty cough - can't get hold of my MW today to ask her what medication I can have, I haven't had anything yet with the exception of a couple of paracetamol b4 bed last night.......

....so my question is.....can I take anything? Am I allowed strepsils/lockets or anything does anyone know, my throat is crying out for something to soothe it!!!

I was like that a few weeks ago, I didnt take anything cause I couldnt get hold my midwife :wall:

I found that ice cubes and ice cream worked wonders!

hope you feel better soon xx

:wave: i have a sore throat and a stuffy nose.. beast thing is i found is to drink orange juice.. it works for me, if feels much better, and thee noose just breathe from your month and then your nose will give clear but only for a second :)

hope i help. :think:

Hello :wave:

I had this a few weeks back and thought I was going to die!...wimpo that I am, well I was lucky that I actually had an appt with my m/w the day I felt the worst....

right....

you can take paracetomal, my m/w recommended one or two every feour hours, sleep and bed rest..your body isn't in a position to fight at the mo!

You can have strepsils, lockets, tunes.

She also advised olbas oil, either in abowl of hot water to inhale or a few drops on your tissue and your pillow case at night.

My Oh said I smelt like a koala bear with all of the eucalyptus!!!

Also, try to boost your vit c intake, go for my favourite craving at the mo, clementines yum yum yum :D

Get well soon!

Oh and as said in another post 12 hour work days will do you no good, you need rest young lady! :shakehead:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i was told not to take strepsils or lockets. was given some honey linctus for the sore throat but it didn't work... :(

hot lemon drinks helped a bit and i had my face over a bowl of hot water most of the time! the steam helped clear my head

hope u feel better soon and sorry too not be much help!

my m/w said that strepsils and lockets don't have any damaging ingredient in them, it is just advised on the packaging to advise your doc to cover their backs.

Thanks girlies.......might get a packet of lockets as I am craving something to soothe my poorly throat!! And I'm pretty sure I could force down some Haagen-Daaz icecream - yum yum!!

Kirls: I'm craving clementines badly at the mo too!! Love them - 2 bags for £2.00 at ASDA too! I have a big bowl of them on my desk - hehe!! So hopefully that will help anyway - you'll be pleased to know that I have had a lazy day in the office and have just pootled on the tinternet mainly :shhh: so no hefty workloads or anything stressful - and will NOT be working late for at least the rest of 2006 as DF told me off too :wink:

i was advised not to take strepsils or anything like that too. Just good old olbas oil on the pillow and hot honey and lemon is so nice on sore throat. hope you feel better sooon :hug:

i was told i could take paracetamol or some simple linctus (but id ask your phamacist or m/w first some probley say you can and some probley say you cant)
hope you feel better soon hun

sarahxxxx

Emmylou said:
Thanks girlies.......might get a packet of lockets as I am craving something to soothe my poorly throat!! And I'm pretty sure I could force down some Haagen-Daaz icecream - yum yum!!

Kirls: I'm craving clementines badly at the mo too!! Love them - 2 bags for £2.00 at ASDA too! I have a big bowl of them on my desk - hehe!! So hopefully that will help anyway - you'll be pleased to know that I have had a lazy day in the office and have just pootled on the tinternet mainly :shhh: so no hefty workloads or anything stressful - and will NOT be working late for at least the rest of 2006 as DF told me off too :wink:

hope you have a nice meal out tonight and you're feeling a little better :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: poor poorly Em, hope you are feeling better your best way to get better is stay in bed and sleep till it all goes away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back