What can I do??

shaunie_louise

Reaction score
Okay so I'm taking folic acid, but I've seen alot of you talking about extra things you can take or do to conceive quicker.

Just a couple of questions: What is the magic medecine?

What foods/drinks are helpful?

What other things help when trying to conceive?

xxxx

i take mum 2 be from boots its basically folic acid and a load of other vitamins plus it has ginger in it which is meant to calm your stomach when you get morning sickness.

my dh said that he can give me ginger extract for free ( he is ginger)

magic medicine is cough medicine that has something in it but i am nott sure what the special thing is.

Pink grapefruit juice is meant to make you have better cm

x

Oooh! Think I'll be heading down to Asda!

Thanks Franky xx

Anyone got any ither ones?

i read on here that if you dont get good cm then inserting egg whites inside you will act like cm but they need to be fresh so you dont get an infection. i dont fancy trying that one though.

I also read that feeling for your cervical position will help you know when you are fertile but i have no idea how to do that.

Sorry, i am rubbish. i dont know much as this is my first cycle ttc

No I don't fancy trying that one either! :rotfl:

This is my 2nd month ttc so I'm pretty new to it too!

xxxx

I'm a bit new to the whole ttc thing but I think when you feel for cervical position you are looking for the cervix to be high, soft and open to signifiy that you are ovulating

Call me silly, but if I was to check...I probably wouldn't notice a difference... :oops:

I thought the same - but if you check every day you really will notice when it changes.

I might start checking...I was also condsidering temping! But I need to get a basal thermometer!

Maybe a bit of tmi...but do most of you check your cm? x

I do check my CM - although it doesn't always seem to do what it's supposed to! :lol:

I'm only taking folic acid when I remember :shock: (sorry bex)
As for cervix, I tried that last month and I noticed nothing different at all, it was always to the left :roll: and i decided that I'm not going to do that again this month, it just wasn't right :roll:

My CVM seems to be all over the place this cycle! I find checking the position of my cervix helpful as I did it this month and was sure I could tell the difference.
I trained as a M/W though and so Im used to doing it all the time. Not sure if I would be so confident about it though if I hadnt done the trainig. Might have found it all a bit odd :?

I cant tell you what helped me as I armed myself with everything and got my BFP the same month, so basically never used any of the aids....

I bought:

A basal thermometre for charting
Downloaded TTC charts from the internet
Evening primrose Oil tablets, said to help but check when to take it whilst TTC as you should stop after Ovulation
Pre-seed - supposed to be fantastic, although its not cheap, and acts as a lubricant which sperm can swim better in

Oh and the previous month I bought a bumper pack of cheapie OPK's from ebay (£6 for about 30), I am convinced I got my BFP because of them, but I did test twice a day from quite early in my cycle having just come off the pill!

The magic medicine is robitissun or similar (check the ingredients), as it can help increase CM.

Hope that helps and good luck TTC.......I think the most important thing to do though is to stay as relaxed as possible, and not to stress over testing etc - very difficult to do I know!!

Ref: the cervical position etc. I read somewhere that when you are not fertile it feels 'hard' like the tip of your nose and when you are fertile it's more soft like your lips.

I have never felt mine. To be honest I was only brave enough to check CM twice and I have never ever noticed EWCM so I'm not really the person to talk to. I may well try to stomach pink grapefruit juice even though I detest the stuff. Does it have to be pink or can it be normal grapefruit as I doubt I will ever find pink over here :roll:

Hiya. :D The ingredient you want to look for in the cough syrup is guaifenesin (100mg). I found it in Beecham's Chesty Cough syrup. Make sure it doesn't have a load of other stuff in it though, otherwise that might counteract what you're trying to do there.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Melissa

I use a ovulation calendar and that was fine. It was all i used and got pregnant, i couldnt do the whoile charting and temping thing - thats real dedication!

I just take sanatogen pro natal...think its a bit of everything thrown into a bullet sized pill :think:

HI, we were TTc for 15 mnths and got our BFP 2 weeks ago. I tried checking my Cervical position on many an occasion (sorry tmi!) but it NEVER did what the books say it is supposed to do at certain times of my cycle. I could always completely feel it, and it was always hard - sorry to be descriptive, but an honest answer is the best one me thinks! Also, i used to check my CM but again, rarely did i see a month when there was even one day with EWCM. Saying all this, it did take us 15 mnths, but according to the docs, i have no fertility problems.

I also did charting, however i only resorted to this last month, by which point i was pregnant! I also used OPK sticks from the internet and i know lots of ladies on here will have mixed feelings on them.I used them last month, and they second line was NEVER as dark as the control line, so i just BD on al the days the second line was visible which has obviously worked!!!!!!

Just take it easy, and enjoy the journey. My advice would be not to get too caught up in making a scientific process cos it can really send you round the bend! Just send yourself lots of positive messages that it WILL happen, and try not to focus to much on the when. I know this is extremely hard to do, cos i was all of the above, but i wish, looking back, i could have been more relaxed and patient about it.

Good luck, and lots of baby dust to you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

HI, we were TTc for 15 mnths and got our BFP 2 weeks ago. I tried checking my Cervical position on many an occasion (sorry tmi!) but it NEVER did what the books say it is supposed to do at certain times of my cycle. I could always completely feel it, and it was always hard - sorry to be descriptive, but an honest answer is the best one me thinks! Also, i used to check my CM but again, rarely did i see a month when there was even one day with EWCM. Saying all this, it did take us 15 mnths, but according to the docs, i have no fertility problems.

I also did charting, however i only resorted to this last month, by which point i was pregnant! I also used OPK sticks from the internet and i know lots of ladies on here will have mixed feelings on them.I used them last month, and they second line was NEVER as dark as the control line, so i just BD on al the days the second line was visible which has obviously worked!!!!!!

Just take it easy, and enjoy the journey. My advice would be not to get too caught up in making a scientific process cos it can really send you round the bend! Just send yourself lots of positive messages that it WILL happen, and try not to focus to much on the when. I know this is extremely hard to do, cos i was all of the above, but i wish, looking back, i could have been more relaxed and patient about it.

Good luck, and lots of baby dust to you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back