what can I do????

melhoney

Reaction score
help please! I just went back to work today, and Maheen stayed home with Mil and Sil. Everything went ok during the day, but my Sil told me Maheen looked very puzzled in the morning when she woke up and I did not go and feed her, and that she constantly was looking towards the door during the day, for me and DH to come back!
She was very VERY excited when we came back tonight and lovely, but very clingy, and tonight, she just kept on crying as soon as we were trying to leave her room!!!
she did that for an hour and a half, and finally I decided to let her cry (which broke my heart!) and she finally fell asleep as she probably was nackered!!! poor mite!

I feel sooooooo guilty to leave her during the day and she obviously feels abandonned!
I never realised she had become so clingy!
What can we do? should we reassure her and keep on picking her if she cries, or let her cry ? It's the first time I am not sure!!! usually I don't mind that much letting her cry, but nopw, because I feel guilty, it's much harder to do!!

Also, I had planned to try and get the dummy out of the way, but now, I kind of think she needs some comfort, and I haven't taken the dummy away! :wall: she looked so sad, bless her!

Anybody faced/faces the same situation? help needed, please! :oops:
Thanks
Mel xx

Maybe try leaving her with people for short periods, to teach her that when you go, you DO come back?

I'd start with a hour or something, have someone look after her while you go to the supermarket or something?

Good luck I'm sure she's understand soon

xxx

Hi

oh that is tough definetly seperation , i think it will just take time Kiara cries everytime i leave the room never mind the house :shock: im reluctant to leave her cuz everyone gets so stressed watching her
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back