What can i do to help my BP

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Really worried about it! I went to hand a pee sample in at the Midwives yestoday and she done my BP while i was there, even though i see the consultant thursday anyways. It was 140/96 ... i kinda had a feeling it was high as i have had so many bad heads! Is there any way i can help it come down? I am worried it will distress the baby. xxx

best think honestly is to stop worrying and try not stress over things, try to relax a bit more xxxx

Even when i am not worrying its high :( Least not long to go! xxx

dont know then hun im the oppisite i struggle with low blood pressure

try camomile tea to relax and de-stress you other than that cut out salt, or salty food, as it goes into your blood and then your blood try's to thin it out buy producing more of the liquid the blood cells are within, meaning you end up with more blood in your veins and a higher BP! hope that makes sense :)

I'm really not sure but the other girls advice sounds good... Maybe chat to your consultant about it and ask if he/she can recommend anything coz u are worrying so much. Sorry I'm not much help. Xxx

I do eat alot of salt! Yeah i think i will ask him tomorrow about it if i remember, thanks :) xxx

xshauna_bazx... IS THERE ANYTHING THAT IS STRESSING YOU ABOUT.... YOU SHOULD AT LEAST GO OUT FOR FRESH AIR WALK OR EVEN WINDOW SHOPPING AND THEN GO TO THE CAFE BAR AND HAVE NICE TROPICAL SMOOTHIES WITH MAG AND TAKE YOUR MIND OFF OF WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT.. BREATHE DEEPLY INHALE AND EXHALE... POST ANYTHING YOU FEEL THAT YOU THINK IT MIGHT TAKE THINGS OFF OF YOUR HEAD.. TELL YOURSELF EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY...

If it is a one off I wouldn't worry about it too much, even the walk to the surgery can raise your BP for a while after, I had to get monitored last week and one of the things raised was my BP but after an hour it had settled down, this week with MW check all back down to normal. Just relax, sit and rest, drink plenty of fluids and yes try cutting down on salt, never a good thing in any diet anyway. Your BP may also slightly rise coming to the end of pregnancy anyway x

ah shauna hope its better today. like the others said try and relax. i know its easier said than done but you will be grateful for it when it comes to labour and bubs arriving. xxx

Thanks ladies, today it was 132/80 which is good for me! It hasn't been that low in ages. Consultant was happy and said i can go back to seeing my midwife. Although i kinda think she got my BP wrong lol she could hardly hear it but ah well she said it was ok!!! xxx

Make sure they are taking ur BP with the right size cuff as well Shauna, if the cuffs too small it gives a false high reading, I had this problem they were telling me my BP wasnt coming down & they were using as small instead of a medium cuff which was too small for my arm! x

Yeah i noticed that a while back. They usually ask me which one they use. Lets see if its ok on friday, hopefully i go into labour beforehand lol. (wishful thinking ha) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back