What are your hobbies at the mo?x

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Interests' started by Laura1987, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Laura1987

Laura1987 Well-Known Member

Since going on maternity leave I'm trying to keep myself busy my problem is I have to have loads of things going in at the same time lol. So at the mo im swapping between reading, knitting (havent got past the casting on stage yet tho aha), decorating canvasses and sorting the nursery out. What's everyone else up to?xx

2. smokey08

smokey08 Well-Known Member

Since having LO I'm being kept pretty busy, but I'm gonna start doing a memory quilt out of her newborn clothes (im too soft to throw them out or get rid of some of my favourite ones). it will be something nice for her when she goes into a bed. :) I'm a big reader too but only have time to read in bed now.

can't see tickers as I'm tapatalking

3. Laura1987

That's a lovely idea rather than getting rid of them will be something she can keep xx

4. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

Hobbies let's see (providing I have any free time...)
    I love everything outdoors, haking, climbing etc etc...
    Tai chi and other martial arts.
    Love reading books also and though quite picky about what I like I read everything I find in front of me.
    I like crafty things like scrap booking but no time for that usually...
    Love geocaching and exploration trips haking or even road unplanned trips...
    Astronomy and astrophysics are 2 more of my passions.
    Now I only need to retire to actually have time for all that...

5. kellylou

kellylou Well-Known Member

I love crafting, I never really make money out of it but like making pretty things for other people. I call myself the pink paper palace and have just started doing personalised prints to go with cards but with my son I don't do as much as I used to!

I do like baking as well and want to really start doing cakes as a hobby as would love to make one for my son's 2nd birthday. So if any mummies would like to share any pics ideas as a first timer would love that x

#5 kellylou, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. BellaRiven

BellaRiven Well-Known Member

Still making Jewellery when I get a minute :)

Just made 6 lot's of wine glass charms..

Got a couple of repairs to do and one order to fulfil then it's back to just making stuff.

Just moved house so need to sort a room with a table :)

xxx

7. PyscoFalcon

PyscoFalcon Well-Known Member

I make 1/12th scale (dollshouse) tack (saddles, bridles,costumes, rugs etc) and the occasional 1/9th scale costume.
    Also love cross stitching and hand sewing stuff.

Love reading too but by time I'm in bed (around 9pm lately) I'm far too tired to read.

Current project is making a patchwork and cross-stitch *touch and feel* playmat for my LO :)

8. tiaflame

tiaflame Well-Known Member

Since being off work my hobby is - eating pmsl xx

9. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

I'm a jewellery maker too, Also trying to learn how to knit, started knitting squares to sew together to make small blanket, got bored after 3 squares... I'm persevering though!
    Trying to spent a bit more time with the friends and family too now whilst I get chance; coffee mornings... Lovely :)

10. jennilisanne

jennilisanne Well-Known Member

My new thing (it's been a year, but still feel new!) is knitting and crocheting. I love it so much!! I'm currently doing some Christmas stuff to sell at fetes to try and get a bit of dosh, although won't be mega bucks!!! I'd just sit and play games or pick my splits ends in front the tv otherwise, so hubby is v encouraging!!

11. mrswoody

mrswoody Well-Known Member

Kellylou..you need to get yourself the cake decorating magazines! They have everything you would need to know about cake decorating and you always get a wee freebie to help. I've not made too many just yet but love looking through them x

12. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

Sugar craft atm, and if it goes wrong i can eat it :D x

13. Laura1987

Wow good for you, I like knitting its relaxing and like u say passes the time I'm just awful at it lol. I think I might have a look into crocheting is it easier in your opinion?xx

14. Sue Clare

Sue Clare Well-Known Member

Love reading, horse riding(although can't go whilst pregnant) cooking, baking cakes, interior design :) xx

15. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

My hobby is dog training. I do agility and obedience minimum of once a week and this year started competition agility. Needless to say my dog was hindered by me rather than helped as I couldnt run very fast with my preggers tummy! He's much happier now I can run again :)
    Its great, sooooo much fun!!! :)

XX

16. jennilisanne

jennilisanne Well-Known Member

Yeah I think so, although once you start doing 3d stuff it gets trickier, but quite fun!

17. DaisyPurple

DaisyPurple Well-Known Member

I love knitting and sewing, but currently main hobby is eating everything in sight... Lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

18. mrscgrey

mrscgrey Well-Known Member

I love doing salt dough. I made some awesome plaques for my daughters end of year presents.

I make personalised salt dough Xmas decs as well.

I also make cakes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also love making edible gifts too.

19. Daisy2011

Daisy2011 Well-Known Member

mmmm cakes-- they look fabulous.

I keep hens and am a very keen gardener this year i take my advanced garden design exams. But in order to try to prepare myself for a life without children ive been training to be a bee keeper. This summer ive been in the bee suit opening hives and marking queen bees and learning lots of things - including how not to run screaming from thousands of bees. The hives are on my xmas list, very exciting!

I also paint portraits, knit and sew lots of my own clothes.
    x Daisy

20. kiwifrootkai

kiwifrootkai Well-Known Member

At the minute im trying to lose weight, so im trying to make exercising a hobby of mine, but boy is it hard :lol:

xo