What are we entitled to?

Annie050408

Reaction score
As a first time mummy-to-be who has never claimed any sort of benefit before I'm just not 100% sure how it all works and was wondering if anyone could put it in context for me (I know there is a direct.gov.uk website but it's all so impersonal).

I know that I get the £190 HIP money and once bubs is here will get £20 per week child benefit (?) or something like that but what else should I be expecting?

After the first 6 weeks of my maternity leave I'll only be getting around £500pcm in SMP for the remainder of my maternity leave and DH earns around £30k - are we likely to be entitled to anything else?

As a first time mummy-to-be who has never claimed any sort of benefit before I'm just not 100% sure how it all works and was wondering if anyone could put it in context for me (I know there is a direct.gov.uk website but it's all so impersonal).

I know that I get the £190 HIP money and once bubs is here will get £20 per week child benefit (?) or something like that but what else should I be expecting?

After the first 6 weeks of my maternity leave I'll only be getting around £500pcm in SMP for the remainder of my maternity leave and DH earns around £30k - are we likely to be entitled to anything else?

Well you won't be entitled to a SureStart Maternity Grant of £500 but it's worth apply for Child Tax Credits I'm sure you'll get something even if it's only little and Working Tax Credits :) xx

i dont know if on your income your be intittle to anything but its always worth applying hun

Well you won't be entitled to a SureStart Maternity Grant of £500 but it's worth apply for Child Tax Credits I'm sure you'll get something even if it's only little and Working Tax Credits :) xx
Thanks- aren't those being scrapped though?

Thanks- aren't those being scrapped though?

Not sure - better not be if not I'm screwed :wall2:

Your OH is on about the same wage as mine and I get working and child tax credits so apply anyway! I don't get alot, about a rennet a week but it's better than nothing and your def get £20 a week child benefit!!

That's meant to be a tenner a week tax credits!! Damn iPhone changing what I wrote lol

doubt u get the sure start grant but look anyways u get the 190 regardless of income and the child benefit, but apply for child and working tax credits as one of them u get anyways no matter what u earn but other u prob wont get much off but try anyways xxx

I am in a similar situ to u and we do get soe tax credits but that is it did you get a guide to money book from your midwife as we found out in there rather than on the website

It depends also what your earnings have been during the last financial year, if you earn less than £55,000 household income you will get something on the baby element of Child Tax Credits. We didn't ge any Working Tax Credits but when I had my daughter 3 years ago we got £90 month CTC - I don't think we will get anything this time around.

if your working, dependant on your employer you will get SMP currently at £124.88 for 33 weeks after the birth, current rate until April 2011, (then it will increase slightly) and then any extra from your employer dependant on how long you have been there etc,

i think unless your household income is over £55k then you can get working tax credits or child tax credits and then child benefit £20ish a week,

so its isnt a lot, but if your not employed you will be able to claim income support

not a great deal of help cos i work for social services but help clients with learning disabilities and mental health problems claim there entitled benefits and not people that are / can claim them selfs!!

good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back