What are u having for Xmas dinner/what would u like to have?

Im going to have duck this year, its gorgoeus and tastes simillar to chicken and pork mixed together!!! and has the nicest skin when cooked properly.

We are having our own home reared free range organic chicken on Christmas Day. We rear two lots a year and freeze them. Works out so much cheaper and is much much nicer meat to eat. Yum :)

I'll do my usual roasties, veggies and infamous stuffing to go with it and also lots of little extras so as there is enough to go round. I personally love roasties and could be happy with just them and gravy :roll:

we are having turkey but id prefer chicken as its less dry.

:)

Turkey with loads of veg. My OH is a trained chef (although he doesn't work in that field now) and can make really yummy dinners.

Sherlock said:
We are having our own home reared free range organic chicken on Christmas Day. We rear two lots a year and freeze them. Works out so much cheaper and is much much nicer meat to eat. Yum :)

I'll do my usual roasties, veggies and infamous stuffing to go with it and also lots of little extras so as there is enough to go round. I personally love roasties and could be happy with just them and gravy :roll:

:) good for you! wish we had the room.. we had our own organic ayelsbury duck called fred last year lol. bloody lovely! althought duck and gravy?? hmm didnt appeal to me.. anyways.. a very good friend of ours has jsut got himself some land.. and im going to ask him if we can have some turkeys for next year.. and perhaps rear some chickens or something for teh table. mmmmm

edited to say lol.. we are goign to MIL'S this year.. and DIL is fab cook.. so some sort of amazing meal commign ym way.. and we also bought a turkey crown for us.. will cook its xmas eve and have it for a few days cold with some pickled onions.. cheese crackers.. mmmmm yum yum

we dont have a christmas dinner we have a buffet have done for years, i got sick to death of telling the kids they couldnt eat this and that because they were having a big dinner, then they didnt want to sit they wanted to play so we have a buffet christmas day and a big dinner boxing day which will be turkey and beef

every one seems to think turkey is dry, i think its nicer then chicken, i find chicken drier, guess it depends how its cooked?

When I was growing up we had a tradition to always try something new on Christmas day. It couldn't be turkey and had to be different every year. Over the years We had pheasant, partridge, venison, kangaroo and buffalo. There must have been more but can't remember :think: This year my mum & dad are having Zebra!

Now we go to the in laws for Christmas dinner, MIL always does a massive traditional turkey roast with all the trimmings. Then boxing day is my grandad's birthday so we have a huge meal with all the extended family. This year we're having wild boar & duck! Should be gorgeous, I can't wait!

turkey most likely... tho it is my sister thats making it so who knows what'll end up on the plates :lol:

We're having a turkey crown and a piece of pork both already sat in the freezer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back