Christmas Dinner

Vicki83

Reaction score
Ok, as i'm due 3 days before xmas me, OH & my little bro aren't planning anything so i'm going to stock up on things for xmas day dinner just incase. My problem being i have no clue as to what to get - never done the xmas thing before, always had it done for me! Any ideas on my xmas dinner shopping list, i know this is really dumb but i can't get my brain into gear at all!!

im doing my firt xmas dinner too this year there will be 11 of us for me to cook for :shock:

iv only ever cooked 1 roast dinner!!!!! and that was eady cooked chicken...

Well there will only be 3 of us, so not to bad, but i still don't have a clue where to start, do you Dionne?!

Im cooking the same as I do for a roast, but replacing the roast with chicken/Turkey breast.

I dont like the thought of having to wash the turkey/chicken, so were buying loads of chicken or turkey breast :D

Because its only OH, Zack and me I dont have to cook much anyway.

Were having ........

Turkey/Chicken breast
Roast Potatoes
Yorkshire Puddings
Carrots
Broccoli
Peas
Gravy
Chopped up onions (roasted)

You wouldnt BELIEVE how much my mouth is watering now lol

if there is only 3, get one of those frozen turkey thingys you can get from icelands. Thats all i do for me and OH.

Oh and get all the veg etc prepared before hand so its all to reach.

Saying that, i tend to over cook the greens and under cook the potatos. :doh:

my aunt cooks it all, puts it in bowls with clingfilm over the top, and warms it back up if needed.

Honest i am just so scatter brained it's unbelievable!! Never mind the fact that i am getting myself all worked up about it and my brother is a bloody chef!

DO NOT FORGET:

Pigs in Blankets!!

(Chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon and cooked in the oven until crispy!!!)

You can buy them ready done or roll your own.

Vicki83 said:
Well there will only be 3 of us, so not to bad, but i still don't have a clue where to start, do you Dionne?!

no babe no idea... sorry. but thanks for posting this so i can find out too :wink:

urchin said:
DO NOT FORGET:

Pigs in Blankets!!

(Chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon and cooked in the oven until crispy!!!)

You can buy them ready done or roll your own.

mmmmm................................................... best part of xmas!

Oh and roast your sprouts instead of just boiling them!! Much nicer :)

oh and stuffing balls.... and roasted carrots.

mmm.... I wonder if OH fancies going to the carvery down the road for dinner tonight :D

Vicki83 said:
Ooohhh no brussells :puke:

oh they are lovely! could eats loads of them just to my self! Smothered in really thick gravy though.

samrbtson said:
Vicki83 said:
Ooohhh no brussells :puke:

oh they are lovely! could eats loads of them just to my self! Smothered in really thick gravy though.

No, no give me brocolli any day of the week, smothered in butter and pepper, mmmmm

mmm... brocolli!

ooo.. My mums home made yorkshires.

We always save a few to have with peanut butter / jam later in the evening. mmmmmmm.......

for me it wouldnt be christmas dinner without my mums chestnut stuffing. its really simple but tates fab so impresses without too much effort!

1 of those tube looking sausage meat things (looks like a giant sasuage)
1 packet sage & onion stuffing (make it up as opn box)
1 tin of pureed chestnuts (or fresh whole ones if you prefer then you can mash them)

mix it all together and cook in a hot oven for a hour or two - till the sausage meat is cooked (not pink anymore)

great thing is you can make it up way in advance and freeze the mix then cook the day before (i alwasy do my turkey and stuffing chrsitmas eve)
and heat up on the day. and its dead yummy cold for boxing day lunch too!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im looking forward to my xmas dinner, but I dont wanna over stuff myself cos knowing my luck mid afternoon il go into labour or something and that would be awful laying on my stomach!!

Xmas Dins is the b*llocks though, I LOVE IT, especially like Urchin said the little piggies in blankies mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vicki83 said:
What do you have with jam, yorkshire puddings?

yep! mmm.....

Em78 - that sounds really nice. might have to get my mum to make that this year! :)

if i go to my nans at xmas she makes 2 different types of stuffing to keep everyone happy - balls for half the family, really soggy stuffing for the other half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back