Yorkshire puds
Roast parsnips in honey
Veg
Roast potatoes
Stuffing
Gravy

YUM!

With pleanty of booze :)

Booze, booze pysco, i'll not be able to have any bloody booze!!

You will if you have bubba before then :)

If I'm preggers over xmas I'll be gutted in a way as I need my booze! It's my blood :rotfl: Will make up for it once babies born tho. :lol:

True, but knowing my luck i'll still be here in january!!

This will be my first sober xmas and new year, god i must be growing up a tad :cry:

dont forget to bring your potatoes to boling point and simmer for 5 mins before you put them in the tray with hot fat, makes em really nice n crispy ( thats fresh peeled potatoes not frozen roasts lol)

This year OH is making it :shock: so it will be ready prepered things
but I do
turkey
piggys in blankets
yorkshires
veg
roast chestnuts
roast potatoes normal and sweet
mash
roast butter nut squash
parsnips with crispy bacon bits and maple syrup (jamie oliver last year)
cramberry sauce
apple sause
gravy
yumm

cassi said:
dont forget to bring your potatoes to boling point and simmer for 5 mins before you put them in the tray with hot fat, makes em really nice n crispy ( thats fresh peeled potatoes not frozen roasts lol)

and as it's Xmas, you are allowed to indulge. But a tin of goose fat to roast them in. You'll be amazed at the difference!!

Don't forget the streaky bacon. Lay it criss-crossed over the top of the turkey, then take the foil off half hour before the turkey is done. It then looks fantastic when you take it to the table, and it tastes fab! :D

Ohh i think i'll be able to prepare a right feast with all these ideas from you ladies, thank you very much!!! :hug: :cheer:

OK someone back me up!
I am trying to help Dionne on msn for her Xmas dinner and I told her the gas pressure on Christmas day will be low so her turkey may take longer than expected.

Kris is laughing saying I am taking the P***

It's true!! Tell her it's true!

Pigs in blankets ROCK, I use Walls thin pork sausages and nice back bacon, make big fat ones, none of them piddly little chipoloata things for me

I get Auntie Bessies stuffing balls, frozen (on offer £1 a bag in Asda at mo-gt em while you can for freezer), they are delicious and I have a nut allergy-they are one of the few stuffings that dont say "may contain nut traces" on pack :roll:

We get a turkey crown from M&S off ma in law to be, its her contribution, and I buy & prepare everything else

Prawn cocktail to start and something gooey and scrummy for pud like profiteroles/choc cake etc, Baileys and loads of choccies for after (no Baileys this year :cry: )

Going to mums this year, with my hozzie bag in boot of car, and hoping I will manage dinner without going into labour :pray: xx

urchin said:
OK someone back me up!
I am trying to help Dionne on msn for her Xmas dinner and I told her the gas pressure on Christmas day will be low so her turkey may take longer than expected.

I always thought it was true. That's half the reason I got an electric oven with gas hob. I resorted to microwaving two chickens one year. You can always turn the gas up to a higher gas mark to compensate, but you need to watch the turkey closely in case the gas pressure fluctuates.

When my grandma cooked for 30 of us, she left one hob on all through the cooking and would turn the oven up and down according to the hob flames. If you ask me it was just an excuse to stay near the sherry though :wink:

I cant look at this thread without feeling hungry :(
haha
Im off 2 France for xmas my dad loves 2 cook so it shuld be munch :D

yikes i wanna eat piggys in blankets today !! IF only ihad the stuff to make them lol

urchin said:
OK someone back me up!

hehehe ok i believe you now lol

kris was winding me u saying you were picking on me hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member