What an eventful day!

purplebluered

Reaction score
DH was driving and he ran over a dog at 70mph :( what on earth the dog was doing on the road I don't know, it was a dual carriageway with central reservation either side, leading up to a motorway. The dog suddenly just ambled onto the road from underneath the central reservation barrier - he wasn't even trying to cross the road, running across, he was just ambling along. Poor dog :( and poor hubby too...i'm just so glad he was driving and not me. Car has now got hundreds maybe thousands pound worth of damage to it...I say thank God for company cars!! Police are supposed to be phoning us back but not heard anything.

SO...a bit shaken up!

But we've been trying to arrange for me to go into the hospital where I'm havign baby to speak to a midwife there and have a tour, and ask questions cos I'm deaf and wondered how communication would work. Today finally they were quiet enough for me to come in :cheer: they were lovely and showed me around and we had a loooooong chat about everything. I feel really reassured now and the lady who showed me around is the labour ward co-ordinator and said that I'd most likely see her when I go in cos she's based there and works there most of the week.

Now I feel reassured and maybe even as ready as I'll ever be for labour. Just don't want any more shocks or eventful days like this again!!

Now I'm off to read all the posts now, see what I've missed! Hope more babies have popped! :cheer:

Glad your hospital tour went well... I completely forgot about mine until last week. I think I am too late for it now but I've been there so many times I could walk around there blind! :lol:

At least your hubby is safe. :hug:

lol at least you're familiar with it. We just rang up and asked to see the labour ward cos they don't do tours, so if you wanted to maybe ring and ask them. I bet they do them regularly so you could join another one soon?

DH just made himself a couple of alcoholic beverages so I'm guessing he's recovering from it just now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back