• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what air freshners/smelly stuff do you use?

As I am turning into my mother I go around opening all the windows!! :D (She would have the wide open in the mmiddle of winter).

I also use wax melts and scented candles. I used to burn incense but don't like the smokiness now I have Olivia. I did buy a couple of plug-ins but then realised I was spending money on electricity and they don't even smell as nice as the melts!

sarafet said:
i've started using glade scented oils which are amazing but don't last long. also have an ambi-pur plug in and the wee glass gel air freshners in the hall/kitchen/bathroom.

i'm always paranoid because we have cats that the house smells :rotfl: it just stinks of air freshners instead :lol:

Edit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -rise.html here's an article which also links them to cancer, and whilst I'm usually quite sceptic about media cancer scares, this one makes sense in context to other things I've read about oestrogen mimicing substances.
I'm not using any and my bloke would get very annoyed if I did. Apparently the artificial pheromones in air fresheners actually mimic some hormones which can affect fertility negatively, so it doesn't sound very healthy.

widowwadman said:
sarafet said:
i've started using glade scented oils which are amazing but don't last long. also have an ambi-pur plug in and the wee glass gel air freshners in the hall/kitchen/bathroom.

i'm always paranoid because we have cats that the house smells :rotfl: it just stinks of air freshners instead :lol:

Edit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -rise.html here's an article which also links them to cancer, and whilst I'm usually quite sceptic about media cancer scares, this one makes sense in context to other things I've read about oestrogen mimicing substances.
I'm not using any and my bloke would get very annoyed if I did. Apparently the artificial pheromones in air fresheners actually mimic some hormones which can affect fertility negatively, so it doesn't sound very healthy.

did you mean to quote me there hun?

I bought a load of Kinas melty candle things and have one on everynight... Im running a bit low on them tho and Kina is nowhere to be seen...shes vanishe!

So dunno what Im gonna use when I totally run out! :? I'l have to go back to Yankee candles!

I burn incense as it reminds me of India :D

Dont like plug ins as i find them too overpowering and also give me a bad head too. I use shake n vac sometimes if i feel the carpet is a bit stale, or neutradol on the carpet. I dont own air freshener as i work at a nursery and we squirt that when a little ones nappy has been changed so air freshener reminds me of a poo smell now.

Suzie and Faith said:
SarahH said:
[quote="Suzie and Faith":xa9opiy5]
I'm allergic to Lavender

Me too :( and it sucks as soooooo much stuff has it in it. :(

YUP all the night time baby products and those cute bags you microwave to heat up.

:puke: :puke: :puke:[/quote:xa9opiy5]

and me!!! i get a goregous multicoloured rash!

Lavender reminds me of an old peoples home.. where they put loads of it everywhere to try and disguise the pissy smell! :lol:

Foxxi said:
Lavender reminds me of an old peoples home.. where they put loads of it everywhere to try and disguise the p*ssy smell! :lol:

hey i work in an old people's home... and no....it doesnt disguise the smell!!!!

I also open windows as much as poss and will burn a wax melt (cinammon is my fav) maybe once a day, in the evening.

I like the smell of bleach so if I clean the kitchen I will use ordinary kitchen cleaner on the work tops but the bleach the sink and the floor so it smells uber-clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back