• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what air freshners/smelly stuff do you use?

sarafet

Reaction score
i've started using glade scented oils which are amazing but don't last long. also have an ambi-pur plug in and the wee glass gel air freshners in the hall/kitchen/bathroom.

i'm always paranoid because we have cats that the house smells :rotfl: it just stinks of air freshners instead :lol:

i know what u mean hun we have cats and im paranoid as well!! i use exacty the same as you bt i use that new fabrezze (sp?) pet odour i love the smell i spray it everywhere xxxxxx

We don't use anything now as I am trying to be as "natural" as possible... oh I did put a loo block in the cistern last week. Not sure if that was counter productive.... my reasons were that me and OH try not to flush every time to save water etc. so often have a few wees before flushing. The colour and smell of the water was bugging me so I put the block in, but I know that is not going to be good either for the water.... :wall: :wall: :wall:

we did have a dog, and I used to use loads of air freshners as I was paranoid about the smell. the dog got bathed once a week also!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH thinks dogs should smell like dogs...well actually he didn't used to notice the smell, but I have a sensitive nose anyway.

I sometimes spray a quick burst of air freshener if we have visitors or like the other day we had a valuer round as we are re-doing our mortgage.

I keep meaning to get the oil burner out and use that instead as it is more natural.

We use natural cleaners where poss. I do buy bleach and use it only where needed. It killed the mould on the bathroom sealant last week after we tried everything. But it also splashed on my brown towel, so that that yellow specks on it now. :(

I open windows daily for a while to clear cobwebs and let some fresh air in. Be interesting to see what others do.

I like a house to smell nice but one of my friends has the plug ins everywhere and it makes me feel sick and like I can't breathe properly!!! :shock:

Beatlesfan said:
We don't use anything now as I am trying to be as "natural" as possible... oh I did put a loo block in the cistern last week. Not sure if that was counter productive.... my reasons were that me and OH try not to flush every time to save water etc. so often have a few wees before flushing. The colour and smell of the water was bugging me so I put the block in, but I know that is not going to be good either for the water.... :wall: :wall: :wall:

we did have a dog, and I used to use loads of air freshners as I was paranoid about the smell. the dog got bathed once a week also!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH thinks dogs should smell like dogs...well actually he didn't used to notice the smell, but I have a sensitive nose anyway.

I sometimes spray a quick burst of air freshener if we have visitors or like the other day we had a valuer round as we are re-doing our mortgage.

I keep meaning to get the oil burner out and use that instead as it is more natural.

We use natural cleaners where poss. I do buy bleach and use it only where needed. It killed the mould on the bathroom sealant last week after we tried everything. But it also splashed on my brown towel, so that that yellow specks on it now. :(

I open windows daily for a while to clear cobwebs and let some fresh air in. Be interesting to see what others do.

I like a house to smell nice but one of my friends has the plug ins everywhere and it makes me feel sick and like I can't breathe properly!!! :shock:

:clap: thats really great that you's are so natural with everything :)

i can't have the windows open because everytime we do, one of they massive spiders come in and also the house loses far too quickly. I know what you mean about the plug-ins making you feel sick, the one i have has the 3 different scents and one of them makes me :puke:

I burn a candle if i think my house smells don't use air freshner as i don't want Cooper breathing it in. I dettol my floor and use a natural anti bac spray for kitchen. I use a special cloth for windows and glass just with warm water and veg oil for wood. I do pop a bit of bleach down loo tho xx .. don't even wear perfume anymore and haven't since he was born.

like beatlesfan, i don't use any artificial fragrance stuff in my house at all - full of nasty chemicals and not for me i'm afraid :talkhand:

i mostly burn lavender oil, and i've got a yummy strawberry oil that i use sometimes too. :D :D

I put on a candle everynight once Arianna has gone to bed and then I also have one to the Febreeze plug in's with the 2 scents in the hall way

Beatlesfan said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just read that back and realised it might have sounded like in some cunning way the valuer was going to increase the value of our house because it smelled of Glade's wild berries fragrance!!!! :doh:

I wish........

i use the ones that spray every 15/20 mins i love them as the house always smells nice i have one downstairs and one upstairs

I have one of those Glade things with batteries in. It's set for 36 minutes and smells of mulled wine. It's lovely.

some woman at a candle party told me the plug-ins can cause house-fires :shock: prob made it up so I'd buy candles tho lol :lol:

I use febreze/oust, and burn a candle when it takes my fancy :)

claire2711 said:
some woman at a candle party told me the plug-ins can cause house-fires :shock: prob made it up so I'd buy candles tho lol :lol:

Hahaha!! Sorry that made me laugh!!! Yes there has been stories of them goin on fire, but with a candle YOU actually put it on fire! :lol:

Nothing at the mo but maybe I ought to start :think: It stinks of Brody poop at the moment as I've just changed his nappy :oops:

Beatlesfan said:
Beatlesfan said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just read that back and realised it might have sounded like in some cunning way the valuer was going to increase the value of our house because it smelled of Glade's wild berries fragrance!!!! :doh:

I wish........

hope your cunning plan worked :wink: :lol:

SarahH said:
claire2711 said:

Hahaha!! Sorry that made me laugh!!! Yes there has been stories of them goin on fire, but with a candle YOU actually put it on fire! :lol:

:rotfl:

I haven't used any plug ins or air fresheners since Seren was born as I had read about the effect it has on your baby. I find them a bit overpowering too. I have 4 cats and am also paranoid my house smells of cat but have been told it doesn't n(I hope they weren't lying :D ). I usually have a window open for at least part of the day, and if my house is a bit niffy I wil burn a wax melt so it smells of cookies instead :)

Ive got Christmas scented candles going at the min, think they are the glade ones and they are two for £3 at asda at the min they smell lush yum yum

My problem is that a lot of smells make me sick/give me a migraine.
I'm allergic to Lavender and most aromatherapy smells make me feel really ill.

I have to sniff product we buy to get an idea of whether it'll be ok! I've got 'natural' bathroom cleaner which smells like lemon sherbet. We don't use air freshener much.

I would LOVE to have the windows open all the time but the house is too cold without them open let alone with! And we can't shut off the living room to keep heat in.

I have a lavender spray thing in the hall and kitchen and when i have my big clear up of stephens bedroom i give it a spray of that odourspray - smells like moutains and freash air and will spray it when the dog comes in fom her walk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back