what age ...

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
are you taking your little ones to the cinema for the first time.

i was wondering this as we are taking liam in a couple of weeks to see "Wall e".

Kieran was 2 or 3 when we saw Mulan. Joshua was 2 when we saw Toy Story and Liam will be 2 and a half when we see Wall e.

We took Arianna when we were in the states to see a Disney Christmas thing, only last a little over an hour.

She would have been 18mths then

odeon cineme do a screening called newbies which i fancy going to. The lights are brighter and its not so loud and everyone is there with their baby/tot so crying etc is kinda excepted.

Lydia I took from about 2 months old until about 9 months (to Us and PGs)

Then she started getting too restless, so we didn't take her ay more after that, until about 6 months ago, when she regained some semblance to being able to sit still (as long as a huge bucket of popcorn is in front of her lol). We only take her to U cartoons though now.

Alex so far has been coming since he was about 1 month old. We haven't had to stop taking him yet although the last one we took him to (Wall-E - a few days ago) he cried a little at because he was teething, so I don't think we're going to take him again now until he's a little older.

Little babies are easy to take because they just fall asleep. It's from 1-2 years that I've found it impossible as they are too restless.

oh I forgot!! Arianna was actually about a month old as I used to take her to "Little Screamers"

Last Wed of every month for Mum's Dad's and under 1yrs old... all adult (not that kind!!) but it doesnt matter if kids screamed or anything!

Our cinema does the Newbies thing also. And provide lil earmuffs for baby also so they don't hear it all as loudly as we do :lol:

Sherlock said:
Our cinema does the Newbies thing also. And provide lil earmuffs for baby also so they don't hear it all as loudly as we do :lol:

what a great idea about the ear muffs.

does anyone know where you can buy them from

i wouldnt dream of taking hannah she cant sit still for 2 mins, i think i will wait till she is about 5

I've not really considered it as a possibility so far, Lucy is only just able to sit through a DVD and that usually involves a few stops for her to get a drink, go to the toilet, get bored and have a wander while its on in the background.

I'm not sure if she'd like it really... but the fact you've all taken yours a few times makes me think!

Like i said i took Joshua at 2 and a half to see Toy Story as i knew that he liked the film so sat through it quite happily, but at that Christmas we took him to see The Incredibles and he got bored half way through so we left.

Tara & Liam said:
what a great idea about the ear muffs.

does anyone know where you can buy them from

Not sure quite where they would be from. When I saw a few babies at a screening them all had them on and they were all quite content and not bothered by the loud noises. Not sure if they were adult ones on babies or special childrens ones. They seemed to fit well :think:

Didn't Gwyneth Paltrow use a pair on her daughter at a gig once also? Hmm lemme go find stuff *rootles around the internet*

VOILA!

http://www.babyearmuffs.com.au/ (Australian based company) Prices in Aust $ which would convert to about £16-17 plus P&P

Amazon UK has pairs listed HERE with links to other sellers and colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back