what age for play mats

trixipaws

Reaction score
we got a huge playmat for our baby with crinkly textures, squeaky toy attachments, mirrors etc. it says on the suitability "from birth"
but can newborns really do anything? they need to be on their tummies to play on the mat i imagine and im not sure newborns can go on their tummies!
how old are they b4 u csan put them on mats like this?

I was advised to put Austin on his tummy for a few minutes a day supervised, so he went on his playmat from birth.

Snap I've been told tummy time is really important from the word go, so as long as LO is supervised the whole time he'll be fine on the mat from the day he arrives.

I have this one for Ruby, bought it recently and she LOVES it, I thought it was a bit expensive but she plays on it all the time so it has been well worth the money. She had another one we got from Home & Bargain which we used from birth, but MIL has that now for when we visit

Ruby hated tummy time until recently but loves it on her new mat

http://www.fisher-price.com/uk/products ... p?id=40106

Even if you don't give them tummy time right away those mats are great for somewhere to put them for a change, they wouldn't wanna sit in a bouncy chair all day.

Also if you go round someone's house take the mat and stick it on the floor, you never know how clean some people's carpet is LOL

Babies love to stretch and kick about from day one. Alfie used to lie on his change mat and kick about, i had a playmat for him with a rubber ring it didnt occur to me to take the ring out untill he was 2 weeks old.
Looking back i wish i would of given alfie some tummy time from birth for ab couple of minutes a couple times a day.

You can use them from birth even if they lie on their backs and play with them (nursery rhymes etc) its a brilliant way for them to not get too clingy being constantly held or rocked in a bouncer. Fabulous things playmats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back